Latest boxing crack

Genuinely not sure if trolling or not :lol:

I can't believe people are trying to make an argument that a tall bloke, with a far greater reach shouldn't have at least tried to keep the fight at long range. To not even try, even after a very poor plan A clearly was not working was stupidity. It has nothing to do with levels. It has everything to do with that is the obvious way to try to be remotely competitive in this fight.

If he tried to jab and move and Canelo used his speed, movement and class to negate those tactics then fair dos. To stand in range of a short armed puncher and trade was plainly silly.

I can't believe people are trying to make an argument that a tall bloke, with a far greater reach shouldn't have at least tried to keep the fight a long range. To not even try, even after a very poor plan A clearly was not working was stupidity. It has nothing to do with levels. It has everything to do with that is the obvious way to try to be remotely competitive in this fight.

If he tried to jab and move and Canelo used his speed, movement and class to negate those tactics then fair dos. To stand in range of a short armed puncher and trade was plainly silly.

People are saying that it's about levels and that once you're in the ring with somebody like Canelo plans can quickly go out the window.

I can't believe people are trying to make an argument that a tall bloke, with a far greater reach shouldn't have at least tried to keep the fight at long range. To not even try, even after a very poor plan A clearly was not working was stupidity. It has nothing to do with levels. It has everything to do with that is the obvious way to try to be remotely competitive in this fight.

And likewise some may believe the only hope in hell he had of even going 6 rds was to get up close and try get canelos respect.

Either way he was fucked, you are relentless in defending your view rocky would give canelo a fight .

I found that hard to believe mate tbf

People are saying that it's about levels and that once you're in the ring with somebody like Canelo plans can quickly go out the window.

As I have said he was flat footed for second 1. Not once in 3 rounds did he attempt to jab and move, not once. I couldn’t hear his corner but if they had a better plan than Rocky was showing I didn't see any change over the 3 rounds. I seriously doubt he threw more than half a dozen jabs in the fight. He was thowing hooks and uppercuts because they were fighting in a phone box instead of him making use of the entire length and breadth of the ring.

As tactics go it was a shambles. Unless the plan was to get dropped in all 3 rounds and get stopped early.

And likewise some may believe the only hope in hell he had of even going 6 rds was to get up close and try get canelos respect.

Either way he was fucked, you are relentless in defending your view rocky would give canelo a fight .

If he got close to Canelo and used his size and weight to clinch, rough him up and try to bully him fair enough. He didn't though, he stood close in and traded. Sorry but the tactics were farcical.

Last edited:
As I have said he was flat footed for second 1. Not once in 3 rounds did he attempt to jab and move, not once. I couldn’t hear his corner but if they had a better plan than Rocky was showing I didn't see any change over the 3 rounds. I seriously doubt he threw more than half a dozen jabs in the fight. He was thowing hooks and uppercuts because they were fighting in a phone box instead of him making use of the entire length and breadth of the ring.

As tactics go it was a shambles. Unless the plan was to get dropped in all 3 rounds and get stopped early.

If he got close to Canelo and used his size and weight to clinch, rough him up and try to bully him fair enough. He didn't though, he stood close in and traded. Sorry but the tactics were farcical.

Rough and bully Canelo....haway Keith :lol:

It ultimately does comes down to you're perception of where Rocky is at. Just had a quick look back on this thread when the fight was announced in September and on 3 separate occasions Keith said Rocky was "world class" when most on here thought he was just beyond British and fringe European. You were just saying how you couldn't take the Zeuge fight seriously the other day (his best win) and there were a lot of rumours about the German wanting out of his contract with his promoter so was a bit of a flawed / controversial win anyway. He struggled and was lucky to get the nod against both Ryder (British level) and Rebrasse, sparked in a round and like a deer caught in the headlights against Smith and has no real amateur pedigree. He came into the Prizefighter as an unknown and shocked many to come through that, he wasn't favourite to win that by any means and has done very well to carve the sort of career he has with his obvious limitations - Fielding headlining MSG as the 'champ' man :lol:. This isn't hindsight stuff, this was clear to most and why he was a 9/1 shot at a lot of bookies (and should have been far more, which I also said before the fight).

If you genuinely did think Fielding was world class then maybe you have a right to be a bit disappointed with that showing, particularly being the bigger man, but if you perceived him to be very limited and barely beyond British, then to expect him to be even remotely competitive against a legit P4P fighter would be crazy, like most on here are saying.

Last post, another football analogy.

World class Arsenal under Wenger, also ran Bolton under Allardyce, several levels below.

Allardyce looked at Arsenal said how do they want a game to pan out? They want to play neat 1 or 2 touch football, pass and move and score the perfect goal. OK what they'll get from us is 100% work rate, hussle them in possession, foul and frustrate them for the whole 90 minutes. Over the years using spoiling tactics Bolton gained several good results against Arsenal.

So Canelo, how does he want the fight to pan out? At long distance, clinching and spoiling at close range? If I was Fielding I would rather lose a round 10 / 8 for losing a point for holding than getting dropped.

Laughable tactics that completely played into Canelo hands but that's OK because he would have won anyway.

They'll have been times when Bolton still got well beat off a great Arsenal side but it wasn't down to pure niavity.

Sam Allardyce kept us by beating Chelsea. I'm plessed he didn't just give up before the game had started because they were several levels above us and would only beat us regardless.

Rough and bully Canelo....haway Keith :lol:

We're talking about a bloke who started off as a welterweight (fought there for about 10 years) versus a man who started out as a light heavyweight. Only 2 stones different.

You don't need to be a brilliant boxer to hold and spoil. You do require a brain like.

Last edited:
Last post, another football analogy.

World class Arsenal under Wenger, also ran Bolton under Allardyce, several levels below.

Allardyce looked at Arsenal said how do they want a game to pan out? They want to play neat 1 or 2 touch football, pass and move and score the perfect goal. OK what they'll get from us is 100% work rate, hussle them in possession, foul and frustrate them for the whole 90 minutes. Over the years using spoiling tactics Bolton gained several good results against Arsenal.

So Canelo, how does he want the fight to pan out? At long distance, clinching and spoiling at close range? If I was Fielding I would rather lose a round 10 / 8 for losing a point for holding than getting dropped.

Laughable tactics that completely played into Canelo hands but that's OK because he would have won anyway.

They'll have been times when Bolton still got well beat off a great Arsenal side but it wasn't down to pure niavity.

Sam Allardyce kept us by beating Chelsea. I'm plessed he didn't just give up before the game had started because they were several levels above us and would only beat us regardless.
It’s not footy mate

It’s man v man and can end in any second .

Rocky, like all of us knew he was too many levels below, you clicked he was world class and defend him by blaming tactics.

Angelo Dundee, manny f***ing steward, Brendan ingle couldn’t have come up with a strategy to go more than 6 rds

At least the lad went for it despite odds on par with those lads at the Alamo.

You wanted him to jab and be timed.

It’s not footy mate

It’s man v man and can end in any second .

Rocky, like all of us knew he was too many levels below, you clicked he was world class and defend him by blaming tactics.

Angelo Dundee, manny f***ing steward, Brendan ingle couldn’t have come up with a strategy to go more than 6 rds

At least the lad went for it despite odds on par with those lads at the Alamo.

You wanted him to jab and be timed.

Fielding could have got on his bike for 2/3 rounds......the outcome would have been exactly the same.

It wasn't fight prediction, I thought if he was smart he might have an outside chance. Worth a daft fiver. As it was he and his team decided to fight Canelo's fight which was as thick as fuck on paper and exactly as it turned in practice.

I'm further pissed off because I decided to put my free fiver on the draw for Liverpool v Man Utd @ 4-1 but the bastards haven’t credited my account!

Khan is a proper arsewipe like. Completely deluded.

Both him and Brook have fucked their own legacies by looking for one specific fight each. Mayweather and Khan respectively.

Even the decision from Brook to fight Golovkin came across as him desperately trying to one-up Khan and it's pretty much finished him as a world level fighter.

Last edited:

Back