Latest boxing crack

Obviously it'd be a massive risk given how good a body puncher Canelo is but his best best is probably to make it a messy sort of fight and try and make his size and weight advantage tell on the inside. Might open him up to the body attack but there isn't a chance in hell that he's going to be able to outbox him from distance even with his physical advantages

Think Canelo will stop him late either way

Fielding obviously can bang a bit but he's no way a bigger puncher than GGG, even at a bigger weight. Cant see him keeping Canelo at bay, especially after 4/5 rounds.

I know it is about levels but I'm hoping the size difference negates the levels which it should do to some extent. Obviously Canelo is rightly a big favourite but bar being bullied and caught cold by Callum Smith, an even bigger super middleweight, Fielding has an unbeaten record albeit at a lot lower level.

I see this as a chance for Alvarez to fight with an easier weight cut tbh. In terms of strength and durability, I can't see him giving much away

Logon or register to see this image

I see this as a chance for Alvarez to fight with an easier weight cut tbh. In terms of strength and durability, I can't see him giving much away

I see him as a natural middleweight at best. How many 5' 9" super middleweights are there? Not many, 6 foot is about there stamp.

He may come in bang on the weight but Rocky is still the much bigger man.

I see him as a natural middleweight at best. How many 5' 9" super middleweights are there? Not many, 6 foot is about there stamp.

Canelo is the very definition of elite right now, and a former (at least) ped user. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to try and dominate SMW but I can't see Fielding's potential advantages translating in to anything practical

I know it is about levels but I'm hoping the size difference negates the levels which it should do to some extent. Obviously Canelo is rightly a big favourite but bar being bullied and caught cold by Callum Smith, an even bigger super middleweight, Fielding has an unbeaten record albeit at a lot lower level.

He was pretty fortunate to get the decisions against Ryder and Rebrasse as well IMO

Ring magazines fight of the year........20 years ago :eek:

Everyone recalls the Gatti Ward fights...........this was equally as good. What a warrior Gatti was.

The amount of wars he was in throughout his career was beyond the pale really:

Rodriguez
Ruelas
Manfredy
Robinson x 2
Fights 1 and 3 with Ward

Took horrendously one-sided beatings from De La Hoya and Mayweather as well. Factor all of that in along with him drinking heavily and being a massive cokehead and it's astonishing that he was able to operate at or around world level for a decade.

Last edited:
I’ve seen the size difference but I just can’t see anything but Camelot doing what he wants how he wants

Levels and levels above.

Logon or register to see this image

Sort of irrelevant, Canelo is not a super middleweight,

he’s a world class light/middleweight taking on a European level at best super middle.

Ring magazines fight of the year........20 years ago :eek:

Everyone recalls the Gatti Ward fights...........this was equally as good. What a warrior Gatti was.
superb fight , and ruelas.....
Although ward 1 can’t be beat.

As posted on here check out the podcast by tris Dixon life stories, a great one with pat lynch talking about his time with Arturo gatti.

Last edited:
I’ve seen the size difference but I just can’t see anything but Camelot doing what he wants how he wants

Levels and levels above.

Sort of irrelevant, Canelo is not a super middleweight,

he’s a world class light/middleweight taking on a European level at best super middle.

We don't know Rocky's level really. He beat an unbeaten German in Germany to win a junior title. He's only been beaten by someone who is IMO easily the best super middleweight in world but time will tell on that too.

If he's schooled over a few rounds and stopped I'll hold my hands up. If my bet comes up they'll be humble pie all round :)

We don't know Rocky's level really. He beat an unbeaten German in Germany to win a junior title. He's only been beaten by someone who is IMO easily the best super middleweight in world but time will tell on that too.

If he's schooled over a few rounds and stopped I'll hold my hands up. If my bet comes up they'll be humble pie all round :)
Not exactly showing he was world class against some other British/euro level fighters mate, controversial split decisions
And I can’t take the Zeuge fight seriously ..

I literally can’t think of anyway he could in my wildest dreams win this, it’s a little warm up keep busy in New York fight for canelo....almost feels patronising :)

Aye it'd be the biggest upset win by a British fighter of my lifetime but can't see any way Fielding can realistically win this. Canelo's at least a couple of levels above
Cracking shout for the tris podcast

Done around 18 hours driving this week commuting so listens to
Billy graham - class
Dave Allen - good
Amid khan-good
Arturo gatti/pat lynch-good
Adam booth-excellent
John Murray - excellent
Glenn mcrory-excellent
Mike Costello- excellent

Gave up on Paul Williams as he seems to have a real chip in his shoukder and audio was shit

Same with Nigel Collins , poor audio.

Last edited:
Not exactly showing he was world class against some other British/euro level fighters mate, controversial split decisions
And I can’t take the Zeuge fight seriously ..

I literally can’t think of anyway he could in my wildest dreams win this, it’s a little warm up keep busy in New York fight for canelo....almost feels patronising :)

Cracking shout for the tris podcast

Done around 18 hours driving this week commuting so listens to
Billy graham - class
Dave Allen - good
Amid khan-good
Arturo gatti/pat lynch-good
Adam booth-excellent
John Murray - excellent
Glenn mcrory-excellent
Mike Costello- excellent

Gave up on Paul Williams as he seems to have a real chip in his shoukder and audio was shit

Same with Nigel Collins , poor audio.

Got the Costello one downloaded but haven't listened to it yet. The Graham, Booth and McCrory ones were brilliant

Lemieux fight off, he's been hospitalized for dehydration

Aye saw that, hope he's OK. I like Lemieux so would have been nice to see him and that looked the best and most competitive fight on the card. U/card has taken a bit of a hit from my perspective. You now have a quick turnaround tune up defence for Farmer, a battle of 2 gatekeepers and Katie Taylor as well who I assume is at least 1/50 again.

Back