Latest boxing crack

Won't be paying for either of those. Just not what I consider worthy of my cash.

Warrington/Frampton is a cracking match up. Warrington might not hit hard but he's aggressive every second of every round. It's not a pace Frampton likes to fight at. I fancy Warrington decision here, think he'll be all over him and wear Frampton down.

That's the one I'll be paying to watch. I did want to go to Manchester to watch it, about 150/200 quid for a decent seat, but no one I know is that interested so not going on me own.

Warrington/Frampton is a cracking match up. Warrington might not hit hard but he's aggressive every second of every round. It's not a pace Frampton likes to fight at. I fancy Warrington decision here, think he'll be all over him and wear Frampton down.

That's the one I'll be paying to watch. I did want to go to Manchester to watch it, about 150/200 quid for a decent seat, but no one I know is that interested so not going on me own.

Pretty much how I feel about the fight as well. Would have fancied the Frampton of 2 years ago to do a job on him but he's not looked great in that time IMO whereas Warrington has improved massively in that time

It is. I don't think it's PPV worthy mind

It is. I don't think it's PPV worthy mind

Fair enough, mate. I think it depends what you want to watch in boxing. I think these are two good fighters, although not elite level, with styles that will make for a good boxing match. Same with Groves/Smith when they fought. Groves/Smith might not have been action packed but it was a very good boxing match, and we got to see that Callum Smith raises his game for the better fighters, and can box well at that level. I would never in a million years have paid to watch the Groves/Eubank fight because it was a good fighter against someone who has done virtually nothing and clearly was not capable of mixing it with Groves. I wouldn't pay for Fury/Wilder either - neither fighter deserves it.

But Warrington/Frampton are two good fighters, with contrasting styles, and one of them is a particularly busy fighter who will make it an action packed fight.

Boxing is the only sport on British tv where you are expected to pay extra on top of your sky sports subscription to watch certain fights iirc

If they asked you to pay a extra tenner for the Manchester derby they'd be hell on
Indeed. By the same argument, you’re a boxing fan only and you don’t buy sky sports just the PPVs.

Sports subscriptions in this country are fucked up. Sky, BT, Eleven, Amazon, Box Nation etc etc. There to benefit the consumer my f***ing arse

PPV boxing is an easy target, it’s not the main problem

Indeed. By the same argument, you’re a boxing fan only and you don’t buy sky sports just the PPVs.

Sports subscriptions in this country are fucked up. Sky, BT, Eleven, Amazon, Box Nation etc etc. There to benefit the consumer my f***ing arse

PPV boxing is an easy target, it’s not the main problem

You'd still miss many non ppv cards though

Value for money is shite now for PPV. When it first kicked off in Lewis's hay day you'd get 2 good quality cards from UK and the states where as now your basically paying for one fight

Fair enough, mate. I think it depends what you want to watch in boxing. I think these are two good fighters, although not elite level, with styles that will make for a good boxing match. Same with Groves/Smith when they fought. Groves/Smith might not have been action packed but it was a very good boxing match, and we got to see that Callum Smith raises his game for the better fighters, and can box well at that level. I would never in a million years have paid to watch the Groves/Eubank fight because it was a good fighter against someone who has done virtually nothing and clearly was not capable of mixing it with Groves. I wouldn't pay for Fury/Wilder either - neither fighter deserves it.

But Warrington/Frampton are two good fighters, with contrasting styles, and one of them is a particularly busy fighter who will make it an action packed fight.

If Groves Smith is PPV worthy Fury Wilder certainly is.

For those that whine about PPV - virtually every sport is PPV now.

When ya being charged nearly £20 to watch the equivalent of Brentford v Bolton or some shite, it's a joke. As fans we have never been expected to pay so much for such little as we are now. Sub par main events and nonexistent undercards are now common on PPV.

Last edited by a moderator:
When ya being charged nearly £20 to watch the equivalent of Brentford v Bolton or some shite, it's a joke. As fans we have never been expected to pay so much for such little as are now. Sub par main events and nonexistent undercards are now common on PPV.

Especially when he 'doesn't believe' #WhyteChisoraII is a standalone PPV a year ago and that it would 'dilute the product' - you just wouldn't say that. It's not as if IFL TV is some random bloke at a boxing event with a phone camera putting it out to his 200 Twitter followers, this is a platform that has over 375,000 subscribers and has had 11 million views for videos.

Back