Latest boxing crack

For some reason I do generally prefer Warren, probably because of the underdog mentality, but yes, regular BT has largely been poor this year after a very promising 2017 and they have now seen the low PPV bar and want a piece of the pie. At least we did get Selby vs Warrington - that would definitely be PPV now I reckon.

Back in the day you'd get a world title on most regular Sky shows (like Bellew, Brook, Quigg, Crolla, Barker, Burns, Frampton etc.) and often a meaningful final eliminator as chief support. Like you'd have the Quigg-Crolla Manchester double headers with a couple of 50/50 British title fights further down the card, or Brook in a world title defence with Rose-Maciel final eliminator as chief support or Lee Selby in a decent fight (before his world title) flanking a bigger name in a big fight. There's just not the fighters in Hearn's stable now like Rendall Munroe, John Murray, Gary Buckland, Martin Lindsay, Brian Rose, Lee Purdy then even those English title level southern lads like Boylan, Camacho, Goodjohn, Tommy Martin, Cassius Connor etc. the latter fighters were all pretty limited and around the same level but could provide a good 50/50 scrap, but crucially be 3rd or 4th down the card, those who could come again if they lost. Now it's just tune ups for Whyte, Khan and Brook as headliners on regular Sky, just promoting them for an inevitable PPV and the rest of the card is filled up with 1/100 tune up shite for the A side, most of them Olympic prospects.

People are looking forward to Foot-Davies on this Newcastle show and it's a good fight, but back in the day, just 3 years ago, you had Quigg-Martinez, Crolla-Perez, Nurse-Jenkins, Eggington-Foot all on the same card, not on PPV. Or a Bellew world title defense, Campbell-Matthews, Burnett-Farrag, Dodd-Patera, not on PPV - Patera is headlining a card up here 2 years later having lost 2 of his last 5 fights FFS. Even those Ricky Burns Scotland world title nights were decent where he'd always be in a good fight and then you'd have the likes of Simpson, Brophy and Simmons in well matched fights supporting the card. It really is sickening this move towards PPV across all the networks resulting in much weaker regular shows and it has put me off the sport. Look at the difference between these 2 big arena, non PPV shows:

BoxRec: Event
BoxRec: Event

Or this one as @TheBronzeBummer says - BoxRec: Event

I also see Hearn has no problem putting these English lads like Coyle, Tennyson, Galahad, Big Twinny Gav, Johnson etc. on his American cards and some of his upcoming DAZN shows look decent, but they are on at 3/4am UK time which is not great and it just massively weakens his home shows as a result.
Totally agree. Was massively into boxing 10 years or so ago but my interested has waned over the last few years since Hearn got the exclusive Sky deal.

Johnson will just be pleased he'll be a scar on Dubois' knockout record. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired now.

Was interviewed saying he wants 50 fights before retirement !

He said that he had too much going on in his personnel life and that’s why Joshua KO’d him, ain’t seen him tonight but he’s took rounds of punishment of several big punchers in his time now like

Back