Latest boxing crack

Because the exact terms of the offer have been made public by the Wilder camp. Wilder has called him out time and again to fight on any terms. It's evidently clear from the constant dodging of the question as seen last yet again last night (lets put a poll on Twitter ffs), from refusing to acknowledge or engage with Wilder to the banning of Wilder being in the ring for an interview after Joshuas last fight that Joshua is terrified at having to face him.

So whatever the Wilder camp says is true?
AJ Said last night he would like Wilder next on April.
There’s no way that Joshua is scared of him. You honestly think Joshua is scared of facing anyone? He went toe to toe with klitchko who was a beast. Joshua is confident in himself why wouldn’t he be he’s got the power and skill.

The fight will happen.

So whatever the Wilder camp says is true?
AJ Said last night he would like Wilder next on April.
There’s no way that Joshua is scared of him. You honestly think Joshua is scared of facing anyone? He went toe to toe with klitchko who was a beast. Joshua is confident in himself why wouldn’t he be he’s got the power and skill.

The fight will happen.
Wilder need to get past fury first.

I think a lot of people forget that Joshua is a relative novice when it comes to the amount of fights he has had.

After only 22 fights he is an outstanding talent and the fact that he is vulnerable makes him all the more exciting to watch.

Like any heavyweight he can be beaten but I put him as a heavy favourite against any opponent currently out there.
This. People saying he's ducking Wilder man :lol: He wants it on his terms, as he has most of the belts and can fill out 90 thousand whenever he fights. Some people don't like him, for different reasons, but they can't deny his popularity. He has fought the top seeds, and also mandatory fights like he has to do. The longer the fight with Wilder drags out, with them both winning, the more the clamour for it. Simple enough to work out. I thought it was a canny fight. The other fella showed enough to shake AJ up, but AJ showed his finishing power at the end.

Used car spiv eddie hearn, what a twat
Rich, very clever twat

allthebestfights.com

Watch any fight as well as MMA if interested ... As soon as fights finished they are posted on that site. It's an excellent site for fight fans if you happen to miss watching it live. like I said you can watch any fight that's taken place anywhere in the world. If you can not find links gives a shout marra
Don't think you've been given enough kudos for this - quality site. Cheers marra.

Because the exact terms of the offer have been made public by the Wilder camp. Wilder has called him out time and again to fight on any terms. It's evidently clear from the constant dodging of the question as seen last yet again last night (lets put a poll on Twitter ffs), from refusing to acknowledge or engage with Wilder to the banning of Wilder being in the ring for an interview after Joshuas last fight that Joshua is terrified at having to face him.
You really don’t know it at all. Boxing promotions are full of smoke, mirrors and bullshit.

Wilder need to get past fury first.

Yes, I think some are underestimating Fury he’s an awkward opponent. My only worry is Fury was out of action for a long time and has had two easy fights since returning thisnis a big step up. Also Fury isn’t really a knock out puncher and if it goes to points over there Wilder will have an advantage.

Rich, very clever twat
He was rich the minute his dad fired him into his ma mate, started with an exclusive contract with sky with his dads matchroom stable.
He has done well with it, but let’s not confuse him starting from scratch like a frank warren did, a Micky duff and even his father Barry.

Yes, I think some are underestimating Fury he’s an awkward opponent. My only worry is Fury was out of action for a long time and has had two easy fights since returning thisnis a big step up. Also Fury isn’t really a knock out puncher and if it goes to points over there Wilder will have an advantage.
If fury is 90% he stands wilder on his head.....as you say fuck nars where he will be at until the night.

Wilder knows what he's doing with Fury, getting the name on his record when hes nowhere near the level he was before his ban. He's only just now losing the excess few stone he put on, and its a massive gamble for him to take the fight but for me, wilder will be too much, too soon.

It'll strengthen Wilder's hand when it comes back to the AJ negotiating table as up until now, Ortiz aside his record is nowhere near the level of AJ and he doesn't have anywhere near the commercial appeal so is very much the b-side in the argument.

Wilder knows what he's doing with Fury, getting the name on his record when hes nowhere near the level he was before his ban. He's only just now losing the excess few stone he put on, and its a massive gamble for him to take the fight but for me, wilder will be too much, too soon.

It'll strengthen Wilder's hand when it comes back to the AJ negotiating table as up until now, Ortiz aside his record is nowhere near the level of AJ and he doesn't have anywhere near the commercial appeal so is very much the b-side in the argument.
Aye, he thinks he knows what he’s doing.
Calculated risk maybe...

I don’t believe the first part. It’s smoke and mirrors

And I agree with the second part

The £50 million that Frank Warren helped put together the deal for despite him promoting a fighter that just so happened to announce a fight with Wilder a few month later ... smoke n mirrors indeed no way would Frank Warren not have had a plan in place to get Fury fighting him and therefore in no way would actually help the deal with AJ so I think all of that £50m is bullshit really

Round 1-6 AJ was average, round 7 he showed his destructive power. Never threw enough right hands at all in the fight for me.

Average he was but if he has had the flue recently it would have lessened him on fight night and he didn’t look well I don’t think !

He took to many hits didn’t move his head or move away from punches or much at all for 6 rounds but for me what he did is take that time to figure him out learn his game and then know what he had to do to get him out, and for me he signalled that by touching gloves at the end of the 6th round

It’s a shame he can’t win by some and it’s a shame that Fury and Wilder are bleating on about Joshua rather than each other

Average he was but if he has had the flue recently it would have lessened him on fight night and he didn’t look well I don’t think !

He took to many hits didn’t move his head or move away from punches or much at all for 6 rounds but for me what he did is take that time to figure him out learn his game and then know what he had to do to get him out, and for me he signalled that by touching gloves at the end of the 6th round

It’s a shame he can’t win by some and it’s a shame that Fury and Wilder are bleating on about Joshua rather than each other
Wlad ruined AJ IMO. He doesn’t steamroll anybody like he used to. Fury is shit and Wilder is too busy throwing windmills. The heavyweight division is all AJ’s if he wants it.

Wlad ruined AJ IMO. He doesn’t steamroll anybody like he used to. Fury is shit and Wilder is too busy throwing windmills. The heavyweight division is all AJ’s if he wants it.
Wlad was the first time he'd fought a real top class fighter though.
Once you got the top, it can be different

1 judge had AJ on 59, that meant he had him winning 5 of the 6 rounds, a total joke.

As I said earlier the between round footage was telling for me. Bar one very good right hand in the 6th and the shot that cut Povetkin in the 4th (IIRC) AJ was only landing jabs and only about 2 or 3 per round. In rounds 1, 2, 3 and 5 Povetkin landed 2 or 3 solid shots. 2 or 3 solid shots versus 2 or 3 decent jabs makes those Povetkin's round.

You get nothing in boxing for anything other than landing punchers.

You could possibly make an argument that it was 3 rounds each going into the 7th but 5 v 1, ridiculous.

Just had a look and the bloke on beeb website and Fraudley both had it level but the beeb bloke gave AJ round 1. IMO round 1 was a bit of a nothing round but then AJ took 2 or 3 solid shots in the last 10 seconds.

4-2 to Povetkin for me.

However, I should add that the right hand that turned the fight was superb and the accuracy of the shots by AJ after the initial punch was brilliant. He simply piled in with quality punches which gave Povetkin no chance to recover. A great win against a top quality opponent.

Haven't watched it yet but will watch it tonight.

From what I've read Povetkin was clearly winning the fight, but fair play to Joshua - champions dig themselves out of a hole.

Josua’s a fraud? So presumably you thought he’d get beat tonight then?

He's not a fraud, but is he lucky he is around at a time when the competition isn't great, and he didn't fancy the Wilder fight at all - that can be interpreted from words that came out of his own mouth. But, surely he must fight Wilder next? Where else can he go?

Last edited:

Back