Latest boxing crack

Joshua started off very poorly, crouching down to pov's height and negating his size and reach advantage. He paid the price by getting caught by lead, leaping left hooks and looked disorganised. He was surprised and unprepared for a fighter as athletic and quick as ap throwing bombs and willing to put himself in dangerous areas to be the aggressor in the fight. The way he adjusted and took over was very impressive, especially given his relative lack of experience. The Jab to body he started using around round 4 was excellent and slowed pov down and gave him some room to start lining up his own shots. Povetkin shot his bolt a bit after his early success and aj stayed calm and obviously listened to his corner and came up with the answers. The finish was brutal.

If he'd stayed tall and constantly jabbed, safety first, he might have made it an easier night's work but thankfully for the fans and the hw division that's not him. He was still smiling when he was losing rounds and looked to be enjoying the challenge and occasion. Great to see. This was another big learning fight for him and he's far from his peak. It's great to see in the hw division after ten + years of dirge.

I had at the end of the sixth that was close fight one round in it either way - but the tide was turning to Joshua.

Sugar Ray Leonard had Potenk up - his co-commentator had it even.

Always think that judges tend to score close rounds in favour of the current champion which distorts the margin of victory.

Was reading that if Fury beats Wilder - there is an automatic rematch clause so that would rule out Fury in April.

Fury wins this one he has a mandatory fight which would be most likely not AJ.

Earliest AJ fights Fury will be 2020 if at all.

Joshua ducked Wilder plain and simple, there's just no getting away from it. Offer was there all on his terms and he didn't want anything to do with it because he knows he's likely to be knocked cold.

Joshua ducked Wilder plain and simple, there's just no getting away from it. Offer was there all on his terms and he didn't want anything to do with it because he knows he's likely to be knocked cold.

How can you come to that conclusion when you don’t know what really happened? The fight will happen anyway and I think AJ will beat him.

Like I said most casual boxing fans haven't a clue. However can I just say i love boxing and I'm an advocate for what boxing can do for people especially young men taking up the sport..

The heavy weight division and boxing as a whole always has a large proportion of people who have been involved in trouble in the past it’s the nature of the type of sport it is. It’s not usually the squeaky clean well educated man who decides to go to boxing. Obviously there is exceptions to the rule.

As you say if it can be used as a mechanism to turn someone’s life around then it’s a positive, I don’t hold hosnpast against him everyone makes mistakes. I’ll judge him on how he behaves now.

Last edited:
How can you come to that conclusion when you don’t know what really happened? The fight will happen anyway and I think AJ will beat him.

The heavy weight division and boxing as a whole always has a large proportion of people who have been involved in trouble in the past it’s the nature of the type of sport it is. It’s not usually the squeaky clean well educated man who decides to go to boxing. Obviously there is exceptions to the rule.

As you say if it can be used as a mechanism to turn someone’s life around then it’s a positive, I don’t hold hosnpast against him everyone makes mistakes. I’ll judge him on how he behaves now.
I totally agree, having been a boxer then coach myself I know what boxing can achieve for people taking up the sport..

I disagree most casual boxing fans don't have a clue about his past drug dealings and the fact he was selling drugs to kids outside of the school gate.

Maybe it was just his survival instinct at that time...same has using his fists is at the present. Greed will eventually be his downfall no doubt, I just hope he has the sense to put some away for the many rainy days later on.

How can you come to that conclusion when you don’t know what really happened?
Because the exact terms of the offer have been made public by the Wilder camp. Wilder has called him out time and again to fight on any terms. It's evidently clear from the constant dodging of the question as seen last yet again last night (lets put a poll on Twitter ffs), from refusing to acknowledge or engage with Wilder to the banning of Wilder being in the ring for an interview after Joshuas last fight that Joshua is terrified at having to face him.

Povetkin put up a good fight he should be proud, he did tense up after the first few rounds though his shoulders are his weakness.

BBC reporting he'd had flu, and an injured hand in training
And a broken nose from the first
nice one marra

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Eddy Hearn say on sky that Joshua vs Klitschko was the great fight in British boxing history :eek::lol:
I thought it was a great fight I had a great night watching it, caught the first round in a club on my break then had to go next door and get on stage to do a gig, about 20 mins later every fucker ploughed into my gig after the fight was finished and danced the night away gerrin, watched the fight on youtube when I got in at about 1am this morning it was a good fight imo but not the best ever has he not seen mike Tyson?

I thought it was a great fight I had a great night watching it, caught the first round in a club on my break then had to go next door and get on stage to do a gig, about 20 mins later every fucker ploughed into my gig after the fight was finished and danced the night away gerrin, watched the fight on youtube when I got in at about 1am this morning it was a good fight imo but not the best ever has he not seen mike Tyson?

British boxing history. ;)

I agree mate it was a good fight but to say It's the greatest fight in British boxing history says everything you need to know about Fast Eddy...

I had at the end of the sixth that was close fight one round in it either way - but the tide was turning to Joshua.

Sugar Ray Leonard had Potenk up - his co-commentator had it even.

Always think that judges tend to score close rounds in favour of the current champion which distorts the margin of victory.

Was reading that if Fury beats Wilder - there is an automatic rematch clause so that would rule out Fury in April.

Fury wins this one he has a mandatory fight which would be most likely not AJ.

Earliest AJ fights Fury will be 2020 if at all.
Wilder will floor the fat gypo with ease. He’s a joke.

Back