Latest boxing crack

I highly doubt it. There's plenty of clear step ups that could be had before Wilder tbf.

Even excusing what I thought was clear sarcasm, unfortunately you would get that, yes to a lesser degree than I suggest, way of the world.

Extremes.

The thing is, this fight suits too many people perfectly to not happen right now. Warren shows BT he can deliver a huge PPV. Hearn can relax for a little while, knowing that regardless of the outcome, there's still potential for a huge megafight. Wilder keen to get in there with Fury whilst still rusty from his layoff and take the 'lineal' title for future leverage. Fury in a position where he can lose and it's a "meh, he's been retired on a coke and whatever else binge for a few years", or win and he's now the 'lineal' and WBC champion and able to get the public demanding the Joshua fight.

Problem Eddie will have is if fury wins we have the bt versus sky, Eddie versus frankie dynamic.

Love to see those negotiations.

And possibly if he can get to his best a potential stylistic nightmare for his golden goose.

Last edited:

Whyte must be wondering what he has to do when Fury can just steam in and get a fight with Wilder.

What do the WBC think of it? Surely they should be looking at the mandatory challenger.

Whyte must be wondering what he has to do when Fury can just steam in and get a fight with Wilder.

What do the WBC think of it? Surely they should be looking at the mandatory challenger.
Not sure if that was the Ortiz fight?
Probably needs to win the unified and lineal championship like fury did.( who is still unbeaten and has huge curiosity about him)

Last edited:
The WBC already have a mandatory - Breazeale - IIRC, he fought an eliminator to get the spot. Whyte was offered to be in that fight and turned it down. He's basically 2nd in line - which means at least Fury then Breazeale then him. Which is a bit crap I guess.

Back