Latest boxing crack

I’m not sure it would even get sanctioned in the uk!
I also assume Briggs has served his recent drug ban for performance enhancing drugs, hope nobody touches him with a payday.

Yeah, heaven forbid someone with PED clouds over them would get a fight. We want to keep the heavyweight division clean with the likes of Fury, Povetkin, Browne et al.

I'm telling you Fury wouldn't walk through Briggs, even given his inactivity he would still be a huge threat to fury never mind wilder.

Given the game Fury has been talking it would at least be a better test than the second best cruiserweight in Albania who said 'no mas' after 4 embarrasing rounds and pianeta who is a better, and at least an actual heavyweight, but still a relatively limited european level fighter.

Yeah, heaven forbid someone with PED clouds over them would get a fight. We want to keep the heavyweight division clean with the likes of Fury, Povetkin, Browne et al.

I'm telling you Fury wouldn't walk through Briggs, even given his inactivity he would still be a huge threat to fury never mind wilder.

Given the game Fury has been talking it would at least be a better test than the second best cruiserweight in Albania who said 'no mas' after 4 embarrasing rounds and pianeta who is a better, and at least an actual heavyweight, but still a relatively limited european level fighter.
Are you saying Briggs would beat fury?

:lol:

Granted Fury wasn't in the best of nick........but haway man Briggs was shot 10 years ago never mind now.

I am yet to see anything to suggest Fury isn't shot. Granted he has got himself in physical shape, and credit to him for that. But can you be sure that he won't unravel mentally? Is health and fitness more than skin deep and has he fully recovered from letting himself go so far. I have serious doutbs, especially when the level of opposition steps up.

My feeling is that he knows in his heart of hearts that the stars aligned for him that night against Klitschko and that was the day that the sun shone on a dogs arse. That is what sent him into his spiral of depression imo.

I am yet to see anything to suggest Fury isn't shot. Granted he has got himself in physical shape, and credit to him for that. But can you be sure that he won't unravel mentally? Is health and fitness more than skin deep and has he fully recovered from letting himself go so far. I have serious doutbs, especially when the level of opposition steps up.

My feeling is that he knows in his heart of hearts that the stars aligned for him that night against Klitschko and that was the day that the sun shone on a dogs arse. That is what sent him into his spiral of depression imo.
I think he already had the depression, big time, before that fight. The way he spoke right after shows it.

I'll agree that there's no way to know how "well" he is now. Depression is a nasty thing.

I think he already had the depression, big time, before that fight. The way he spoke right after shows it.

I'll agree that there's no way to know how "well" he is now. Depression is a nasty thing.

Tell me about it, so is being a 28 stone self confessed piss head and coming back to one of the pinicles of world sport. It would be a great story but i just can't see it ever happening.

Tell me about it, so is being a 28 stone self confessed piss head and coming back to one of the pinicles of world sport. It would be a great story but i just can't see it ever happening.
For sure, it'll be a bigger achievement than beating Klitchko, if he manages to beat Wilder and AJ.

You have fully fallen for the Briggs hype. I like him, but last time he fought anybody with a pulse, around 8 years back, he was seriously, seriously hurt.

Got a feeling that Fury suspects that he could be done at the top level and is looking to cash out without suffering the humiliation of losing to Joshua. Would be great if he genuinely could get back to something like his best though.

Briggs has blown up to a fat mess multiple times since the Vitali fight. He's been retired for absolutely ages unless you count him smashing some small road sweepers apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's punchy as fuck and shouldn't be anywhere near a boxing ring.............He was very decent in his pomp and was capable of taking some huge shots....the Lewis fight proved that.

Anybody who actually wants him to fight a decent opponent have zero regard for his health. He's funny as fuck, but shouldn't be doing anymore than beating up bums who would only be licensed in certain places, if he has to fight at all.

The Briggs thing is just my own thoughts on Furys current vulnerability in view of the fact i cant see wilder happening.

On the danger aspect i know age is a factor but Fury has never been known as a knockout artist and there are a few national tourism boards in the market for fights so sanctioning standards would be less rigourous than a Uk/us fight.

Back