Latest boxing crack

"German-based Pianeta has twice challenged for the world heavyweight crown, losing both title shots - to Wladimir Klitschko and Ruslan Chagaev, respectively."

Assuming he isn't now utterly over the hill and finished, that looks like a reasonable step up from the last joker.

Agreed. He's also 6ft5 so no Cruiserweight

Could have fought this fella in his comeback, this won’t be competitive obviously!

Bantamweight World Boxing Super Series is lining up nicely:

Ryan Burnett, Zolani Tete, Emmanuel Rodriguez, Naoya Inoue, Jason Moloney, Nonito Donaire and Juan Carlos Payano.

Not sure who the last man will be.

Also, Lawrence Okolie vs Matty Askin expected to happen before the end of the year, along with already agreed bouts for the respective British titles at super lightweight and super welterweight, between Davies Jnr and Glenn Foot and Ted Cheeseman vs Asinia Byfield, which should be decent fights.

Pianeta facts: The bloke's lost half of his last six fights. His fight against Klitschko was 5 years ago. In his only other world title fight, he was knocked out in the first round. He is currently 138th in the world.

Another pantomime fight for Fury, imo.
Eugh, that puts a different spin on it.

Pianeta facts: The bloke's lost half of his last six fights. His fight against Klitschko was 5 years ago. In his only other world title fight, he was knocked out in the first round. He is currently 138th in the world.

Another pantomime fight for Fury, imo.

I think most expected a slow route back. He needs the bouts for fitness and motivation above all else imo.

Hope I'm wrong but got a horrible feeling we'll see a brutal end to Pacquiao's career as a world level fighter this weekend.

On This Day in 1996...

Riddick Bowe defeats Andrew Golota by disqualification at Madison Square Garden.

After being deducted three points for low blows, Golota was DQ'd in the 7th round, sparking a mass brawl that left trainer Lou Duva hospitalised.

Insane...

https://t.co/steflkZJBN (https://twitter.com/boxing_social/status/1016943816580976640?s=09)

The rematch is one of the best heavyweight fights I've ever seen.

Kell Brook fight off. Matchroom's PPV gamble looking weaker now. Hearn said he's looking for another big fight to fill the void, but I can't see any big names joining the card with only 2 weeks notice.

Kell Brook fight off. Matchroom's PPV gamble looking weaker now. Hearn said he's looking for another big fight to fill the void, but I can't see any big names joining the card with only 2 weeks notice.
Any links to this? Can’t see anything about it being called off?

This is from Cook's Twitter

Figured it would of been announced by now. I know Mr.Hearn is a really busy guy. But I had a bunch of people flying there for the fight and had to let them know it’s off. Really sucks and I get injuries happen but that was a rollercoaster ride sucked

Yup my girl cancelled yesterday and had to pay $450 bucks for cancellation fees. I’m sure everyone else had to do the same. Won’t be on the card July 28th that’s for sure. Maybe sept if something is worked out. I hope so

Scumbag Pac managed his first stoppage in almost a decade last night
7th round, had him down 3 times. Just finished watching it was impressed, looked good. Await khan calling him out now for the remaining months of the year!

Just got in last night for the 5th round of the Rocky Fielding fight starting. Towel went in and he’s now the new WBA super middleweight champion of the world.

Great win for Rocky Fielding in Germany last night. I know it was only for the B title but he still beat a bloke in his own back yard with an unbeaten record.

Perhaps he could take on the winner of Groves v Smith? Obviously Smith stopped him in a round but I think he was caught cold that night.

Back