Latest boxing crack

Excellent performance from Bivol and I am so glad that he got the decision. Just watching the Canelo press conference and I know that it’s bravado but he reckons that he won! Fair play to him for taking it on but that was a step too far.

Last edited:
Is anyone else not surprised?

Bivol was pretty much unknown outside of hardcore fans but he showed how good he is.

His fundamentals are flawless and his mentality throughout the fight was bang on.

I’ve watched Bivol a few times now and he’s always been impressive. I am surprised the way the fight went though as I expected the fight to end in a decision to Canelo. Especially with the third GGG fight on the horizon.

I don’t really judge Canelo on the back of this though. Just think it’s more fair play to him and he took a step too far. The Kovalev fight probably skewed things a bit. I seem to remember he was struggling against him too but got the knockout.
Needs to step back down and continue his dominance at 168

I’ve watched Bivol a few times now and he’s always been impressive. I am surprised the way the fight went though as I expected the fight to end in a decision to Canelo. Especially with the third GGG fight on the horizon.

I don’t really judge Canelo on the back of this though. Just think it’s more fair play to him and he took a step too far. The Kovalev fight probably skewed things a bit. I seem to remember he was struggling against him too but got the knockout.
Needs to step back down and continue his dominance at 168

Fair play to him for trying to do it but he came up against an elite light heavy who wasn’t in the least bit scared or bothered by his power.

Canelo is generally a slow starter anyway but he definitely bit off more than he could chew and a rematch will go the same way imo.

No one gets near him from super middle down though.

Canelo got schooled, was great to watch. Bivol had his number in every way and Canelo looked like a lost little boy following him around with no success. His back up plan was to try and lure him into the ropes and Bivol just laughed at him and told him to come and fight him in the centre.

Superior footwork, better arsenal of punches on the offence, had a more intelligent gameplan, the few shots Canelo did land couldn't budge him and Canelo couldn't deal with the jab. Excellent display fo boxing from Bivol and it was closer to 120-108 to 115-113 ffs.

Canelo needs to stick at SMW, he can maybes pick up another belt at LHW if a weak title holder comes up but he ain't beating Bivol in a rematch and I think Beterbiev would spark him out. He could maybes outbox Smith Jnr but Smith can punch with the best of them as well.

At SMW he can do GGG III, Andrade, Charlo, Benevidez, Munguia. Certainly enough there to cement his legacy and be one of the greatest SMWs of all time.

Usyk 🤣🤣🤣

Fair play to him for trying to do it but he came up against an elite light heavy who wasn’t in the least bit scared or bothered by his power.

Canelo is generally a slow starter anyway but he definitely bit off more than he could chew and a rematch will go the same way imo.

No one gets near him from super middle down though.

He’s daft if he goes for the rematch. There was more than just size that was a a factor in him losing. Bivol is just a better boxer too.
He couldn’t do nothing with him and as you say the rematch will just go the same.

Noticed he seemed to be targeting Bivols biceps with power punches quite a lot. Bivols arms were quite red by the end. Wonder if his game plan was to try stop his jab then try know him out. Didn’t work if so.

He’s daft if he goes for the rematch. There was more than just size that was a a factor in him losing. Bivol is just a better boxer too.
He couldn’t do nothing with him and as you say the rematch will just go the same.

Noticed he seemed to be targeting Bivols biceps with power punches quite a lot. Bivols arms were quite red by the end. Wonder if his game plan was to try stop his jab then try know him out. Didn’t work if so.

He did the same to Callum Smith and it worked so I wasn’t really surprised to see him trying that.

Just watched it properly. Great performance. Bivol looked great. Was good to see somebody bring out the best in him as he coasts against easier opponents.

Bivol Vs Beterbiev now please.
Canelo needed more Mexican BBQ clearly

I am sure I heard a commentator talk about a vegan diet for this fight. Shouldn't have told anybody about that. :lol:
He did the same to Callum Smith and it worked so I wasn’t really surprised to see him trying that.

Good tactic but didn't seem to affect Bivol much.
Is that a massive shock or was Bivol just too big ?
The shock is that the judges didn't rob him, although they did try.

Last edited:

Back