Latest boxing crack

This.
I don't think its a bad era at all.
Fury might be one of the best ever - although I dont think he'll have enough names on his CV to ever prove it
AJ was perfectly decent, and has time to come again
Wilder turns out to be better than we all gave credit for to be fair
Klitchko himself was part of the era, just about
Usyk bursting onto the HW scene

Then you have the fringe players like Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Pulev, maybe even Joyce in a year or 2 if he actually fights someone decent

Its not been horrible. Some of the fringe names in Lennox's era were no better. Likes of Rahman, Tua etc
Lewis resume can’t be touched by anyone in this era. Not even a debate.
Taylor v Catterall moved to February due to a knee injury for Taylor.
Ffs
Joseph Parkers spent 277 weeks in the ring magazine top 10.....tells you everything.
Jesus. Parker man.
He's still there at #5! He's alright... Just average, if you looked up the word average in the dictionary, Joseph Parker pops up.
Awful just awful……I could name 20 Lewis opponents who’d beat him and I’m not even trying.
Fury going off the rails fucked the belts up tho.
I think it been a decent era if I’m honest, Titles haven’t all been hogged by one person like Klitschko era. Joshua, Usyk and Ruiz all had a hold of them in last few year and obviously the Wilder Fury trilogy was a good battle for the WBC looking back now
Awful era for me. Wlad is the previous era.
Fury differ league and would survive in any era.

After that
Usyk just landed really
Wilder is fun and a dangerous bassa against anyone for 3/4 rds. . I’ll I give him that.
Aj decent when he can bully.

Last edited:

Let's take Lennox's oppenents in his last run as champion

Vitali Klitschko - Obviously excellent
Mike Tyson - Hugely past it - his best wasn't in Lennox's era at all imo
Hasim Rahman - Meh
David Tua - Meh
Frans Botha - Meh
Michael Grant - Average
Evander Holyfield - Great
Zeljko Mavrovic - Who?
Shannon Briggs - Never top level, but decent
Andrew Golota - Meh
Henry Akinwande - Meh
Oliver McCall - Decent

That's 12 fights, 2 top level and 2 good fighters in the list. The rest are nowt flash.

Lights blue touch paper and steps back :lol:
Every Meh you've put on that list would be either a WC or in the top 3 or 4 in the world right now..

Regardless of how you rate the era at least this one has given us entertaining fights unlike Wlads era of insomnia for a decade. We've had:

Joshua v Wlad
Fury v Klitschko trilogy
Whyte v Parker/Chisora
Joshua v Usyk
Breazeale v Izuagbe Ugonie
Joshua v Ruiz
Whyte v Povetkin
Wilder v Ortiz
Helenius v Kownacki
Martin v Kownacki
Fury v Wallin

All been class fights or ended with drama/KOs. Even Pricey put on some super entertaining fights.

Regardless of how you rate the era at least this one has given us entertaining fights unlike Wlads era of insomnia for a decade. We've had:

Joshua v Wlad
Fury v Klitschko trilogy
Whyte v Parker/Chisora
Joshua v Usyk
Joshua v Ruiz
Whyte v Povetkin
Wilder v Ortiz
Helenius v Kownacki
Martin v Kownacki
Fury v Wallin

All been class fights or ended with drama/KOs. Even Pricey put on some super entertaining fights.
Pricey seems to be well liked and rated amongst his peers. Surprised how his career panned out. Still made a good living out of it.

Joshua v Wlad
Fury v Klitschko trilogy
Whyte v Parker/Chisora
Joshua v Usyk
Joshua v Ruiz
Whyte v Povetkin
Wilder v Ortiz
Helenius v Kownacki
Martin v Kownacki
Fury v Wallin

Wlad's era had Shannon Briggs in it which immediately puts them above literally above anyone else man. Absolute crackpot but forever a legend, perhaps for the wrong reasons.

In all seriousness, Wlad v Pulev was a banger.

Joshua v Wlad
Fury v Klitschko trilogy
Whyte v Parker/Chisora
Joshua v Usyk
Joshua v Ruiz
Whyte v Povetkin
Wilder v Ortiz
Helenius v Kownacki
Martin v Kownacki
Fury v Wallin

Brewster vs Liakhovik
Brewster vs Meheen
Brewster vs Krasniqi
Povetkin vs Huck
Povetkin vs Takam
Perez vs Magomed
Peter vs Toney I
Byrd vs McCline
Byrd vs Golota
Rahman vs Oleg II
Valuev vs Barrett
Rahman vs Sanders
Povetin vs Chambers
Chambers vs Brock
Adamek vs Walker
Cunningham vs Mansour
V Klitschko vs Sanders
Klitschko vs Pulev
Klitschko vs Peter I
Klitschko vs Brock
Klitschko vs Brewster I

Quick search like - near enough.

Last edited:
Let's take Lennox's oppenents in his last run as champion

Vitali Klitschko - Obviously excellent
Mike Tyson - Hugely past it - his best wasn't in Lennox's era at all imo
Hasim Rahman - Meh
David Tua - Meh
Frans Botha - Meh
Michael Grant - Average
Evander Holyfield - Great
Zeljko Mavrovic - Who?
Shannon Briggs - Never top level, but decent
Andrew Golota - Meh
Henry Akinwande - Meh
Oliver McCall - Decent

That's 12 fights, 2 top level and 2 good fighters in the list. The rest are nowt flash.

Lights blue touch paper and steps back :lol:

Hell of a list that compared to Furys or AJs resume like but in their defence they can only fight the opponents that are avaiable. The heavyweight division is always generally poor compared to anywhere between about 135 to 168lbs over the years.

Brewster vs Liakhovik
Brewster vs Meheen
Brewster vs Krasniqi
Povetkin vs Huck
Povetkin vs Takam
Perez vs Magomed
Peter vs Toney I
Byrd vs McCline
Byrd vs Golota
Rahman vs Oleg II
Valuev vs Barrett
Rahman vs Sanders
Povetin vs Chambers
Chambers vs Brock
Adamek vs Walker
Cunningham vs Mansour
V Klitschko vs Sanders
Klitschko vs Pulev
Klitschko vs Peter I
Klitschko vs Brock
Klitschko vs Brewster I

Quick search like - near enough.
That's fair enough, I always remember Wald from his second reign when he became jab and grab expert.

Before Brewster he was a really fun fighter to watch, would go all out for the kill but his flaws left him wide open to being killed just the same. Lots of good fights in that mini era between Lewis retiring and Wlad getting with Stewart on his reign of doom.

That's fair enough, I always remember Wald from his second reign when he became jab and grab expert.

It wasn't so much he was boring, it was because he and his brother were so popular in Germany at the time they were getting away with pretty much absolutely everything until it became deafening obvious against Fury.

I believe it was Vitali v Peters where the MC read out the scorecards mid-fight during a round break, to hear you're down on every card massively actually mentally destroyed him :D And how it was allowed is another thing.

It wasn't so much he was boring, it was because he and his brother were so popular in Germany at the time they were getting away with pretty much absolutely everything until it became deafening obvious against Fury.

I believe it was Vitali v Peters where the MC read out the scorecards mid-fight during a round break, to hear you're down on every card massively actually mentally destroyed him :D And how it was allowed is another thing.

Didn't Alvarez have open scoring in one of his fights also? It's daft like

Him vs Ibeabuchi was about as brutal a heavyweight fight that you're ever likely to see. Two big punchers with iron chins going hell for leather for 12 rounds, fuck me :eek:
People forget about Ike ibebuchi. If he hadn’t of went off the rails, he could have been something very, very special. A lot of people think he could have dominated the sport for years. He’ll of been about 24/25 when he beat tua. Scary

Back