Latest boxing crack

Where is @Toronado today?
😎😎😎
Its not about ranking Pulevs opponents to Fury’s comeback though is it ?!?

As it was said the other week Fury was given/took the quicker route to a title shot with the WBC and Wilder rather than ‘ earn ‘ that shot with other governing bodies which would have had him fight eliminators with Whyte or the likes !

some may now disagree but most would of at that the seen Joshua as a tougher fight than 1-2 Wilder
‘Earn’. Fuck you on about? Are you really suggesting Tyson would have been worried about facing AJ.

in case you missed It he was the unified and lineal champ before he had his serious issues. Don’t turn that into another reason to hate/discredit man . Let it go……

Last edited:

Best thread on the site for me mate, love reading before and after a big fight. Few posters who I feel really know there stuff too and have helped me understand boxing more over the last few years
Thats awesome mate thats class and to be fair i’m the same and havent learnt and appreciated more than plenty ! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
😎😎😎

‘Earn’. Fuck you on about? Are you really suggesting Tyson would have been worried about facing AJ.

in case you missed It he was the unified and lineal champ before he had his serious issues. Don’t turn that into another reason to hate/discredit man . Let it go……
And here was me missing you mate !

look i’m not discrediting him, i’ve had an opinion, debated it and thats that but facts are i’ve praised him following his win at the weekend and where he’s got to from where he was 4 years ago is insanely incredible !

look at my recent post saying i’ve been mainly against him having not defended a belt and discredit Wilder as a decent win on his record as my main crack about Fury man

Last edited:
I see Whyte has a rematch clause against Wallin, stuff like this seems so unnecessary and kills the sport imo - basically Wallin needs to win twice just to progress, equally if Whyte needs the safety net of a rematch he shouldn't be fighting for a world tittle next, i'm sure someone will answer this but why did Whyte have a rematch against Povekin (after getting rendered unconscious) to begin with?
How was that fight made? Did Whyte's team offer it to Wallin?
If so, and the Silver belt / next mandatory defence is on the line, then yeah, its fairly normal to protect that with a rematch clause.
In defence of Whyte I think most of his fans (I include myself here) accept that he is technically limited but is always game as a badger and actually has a pretty decent resume post AJ with victories over:

- Dave Allen (a nah)
- Chisora
- Helenius
- Parker
- Rivas
- Povetkin

Nobody wanted Rivas when they fought and Helenius is actually looking pretty decent now too.
Anyone who thinks Whyte hasn't earned a title shot at least 2 times over is crazy.

I don't think he's in the top 4 personally, but he's beaten enough ranked contenders for it to be his turn. There's been much much worse who've had title fights in this era. There's been worse who've held belts!
If Lennox Lewis decided to lace them up as an auld man, would he now be the 'Lineal Champ'? Its a load of bollocks isn't it?
Its not bollocks at all.
When someone retires, someone needs to clearly dominate and a new lineage starts. Fury's claim to that is absolutely fine.
Never lost.
Won every belt.

Last edited:
No because Lewis wouldn’t get out of retirement. That’s the point @PTR is making, when a champ retires the lineage carries with the generation

But what if he did? Appreciate he wouldn't now, but say he put his feet up for five years after the Vitali fight, then decided to come back, he would fight in that fight (whomever it was against) as the Lineal Heavyweight Champ? Can't say I agree with that.

So if Lewis arrived out of retirement, he would be the current Lineal Champion?
Its happened before. Watch Rummy's video.

Ideally the 2 with the claim would fight eachother. But even without, Lennox has been out of the game for long enough that you'd struggle to say he still holds that title.

Lineal champion isn't official. There are no rules. Its just something that means more than the ABC belts to the eyes of the fans. Don't take it too seriously in terms of facts. It is what it is. Nobody has more claim than Fury right now, he's 95% "the man".

Its happened before. Watch Rummy's video.

Ideally the 2 with the claim would fight eachother. But even without, Lennox has been out of the game for long enough that you'd struggle to say he still holds that title.

Lineal champion isn't official. There are no rules. Its just something that means more than the ABC belts to the eyes of the fans. Don't take it too seriously in terms of facts. It is what it is. Nobody has more claim than Fury right now, he's 95% "the man".

Understood, ta.

Thats awesome mate thats class and to be fair i’m the same and havent learnt and appreciatelook at my recent post saying i’ve been mainly against him having not defended a belt and discredit Wilder as a decent win on his record as my main crack about Fury man
Haway man.
If Lennox Lewis decided to lace them up as an auld man, would he now be the 'Lineal Champ'? Its a load of bollocks isn't it?
Don’t over think it.
Just me or is this thread dreadful whenever either Fury or Joshua fight?
It’s class man. Best thread in smb 😎

Last edited:
personalities wise i respect Joshua more than Fury who i do respect aswell, i just don't like Fury’s brash ‘ladish’ crack and didnt like his crack after winning his belts against Wlad and thats not to start a debate with people saying well look at what Joshua said to Chambers or those words he said at the BLM protests thats another level !
At least Fury didn’t deal drugs!

Who de reckon is gonna be the next era after this then? Doesn’t look a lot coming thru to me tbh! Heard good things about Hrgovic but still not seen anywhere near enough of him. Any good Americans coming thru?

Back