Latest boxing crack

Broner gives Vargas problems whenever he throws. Which isn't often enough

He's winning these later rounds but he might have left it too late

Tough 1 to score. I got 115 each

Correct desision. Broner acting the cock

Obviously I meant 114 each before someone points out my mistake!

Last edited:
There's a world of difference between Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan.

Hatton was too good for anyone at his natural weight so had to step up a weight to chase the very best.

Mayweather knocked him out, yes, but have a look at the size difference between the two - and the referee wouldn't let Hatton fight his fight.

Tell you what, Hatton would have given him a very good go had they both been the same weight and the referee had let him fight inside.
Hattons best days were long gone by the time he stepped in with Mayweather.

No chin is a bit harsh. I just think he's a bit thick and sees red too often.

I was ringside for the Maidana fight. No way does he have no chin.

Watch the 10th round and say he's got a glass chin. Maidana is a hitter not a feather tickler.

People who say Khan has a bad chin are idiots.
He's walked through monster shots.

Problem has always been how easy it is to find his chin.

Think the two Santa Cruz fights might have taken something out of Frampton. There's been occasions against Garcia and Donaire where he's looked the class act of old but if those last 2 fights are anything to go by he's struggling to sustain the pace as the fight wears on and he doesn't appear to have much power at featherweight either. Valdez would be a horrible fight for him at this stage IMO

Hattons best days were long gone by the time he stepped in with Mayweather.

I don't think so. I think he just came up against a master of the sport and he needed two things to go his way to have a chance: being able to bully Mayweather and the referee allowing him to do it. As it turned out, neither happened.

I still maintain that had they been naturally the same weight and fighting in England he could have done it. Mayweather was too big for him and the referee wasn't interested in a scrap inside.

I don't think so. I think he just came up against a master of the sport and he needed two things to go his way to have a chance: being able to bully Mayweather and the referee allowing him to do it. As it turned out, neither happened.

I still maintain that had they been naturally the same weight and fighting in England he could have done it. Mayweather was too big for him and the referee wasn't interested in a scrap inside.
It wasn’t size, it was levels and floyd unfortunately for Ricky was about 3 above....

Broner gives Vargas problems whenever he throws. Which isn't often enough

He's winning these later rounds but he might have left it too late

Tough 1 to score. I got 115 each

Correct desision. Broner acting the cock

Obviously I meant 114 each before someone points out my mistake!
Stuck in 4th gear again, and typical prick after he fight.

Card was worth watching for the David and charlo ko’s...boooommm

Last edited:
It wasn’t size, it was levels and floyd unfortunately for Ricky was about 3 above....

I'd disagree. Hatton put him under pressure early on and Mayweather wasn't comfortable. 'Problem was that as the fight went on Hatton simply couldn't back him up against the ropes because Mayweather was too big for him. In that event, it would never be a contest.

If it turned in to a boxing match, which it did, there was only ever going to be one winner; but if Hatton could pin him back and basically bully him then it would have been a contest. It wasn't Mayweather's superior boxing skills that prevented that, it was the fact he was too big for him which meant Hatton couldn't push him back - Mayweather simply handled him inside with superior strength, pushed him off with relative ease.

I'd disagree. Hatton put him under pressure early on and Mayweather wasn't comfortable. 'Problem was that as the fight went on Hatton simply couldn't back him up against the ropes because Mayweather was too big for him. In that event, it would never be a contest.

If it turned in to a boxing match, which it did, there was only ever going to be one winner; but if Hatton could pin him back and basically bully him then it would have been a contest. It wasn't Mayweather's superior boxing skills that prevented that, it was the fact he was too big for him which meant Hatton couldn't push him back - Mayweather simply handled him inside with superior strength, pushed him off with relative ease.
Many a better and bigger fighter tried to bully mayweather...levels for me mate.

Fair enough, mate. Just think Hatton was a top fighter who was unfortunate in that the best in the world were a weight above him.
He was, but he'd slowed down by that point. He'd turned into a bit of a parody of himself really, almost exclusively looking to fight on the inside, when that had just been one part of his game beforehand, see vs Kosta Tsu for example.

To say Khan doesn't have a glass jaw is like saying Mike Tyson never had a knockout punch. Whenever he gets caught by anything that he doesn't see coming it is lights out.

Back