Latest boxing crack

Not sure if you know marra. He stopped him.

Assume you’ve not seen much of Joyce. look up his fights on YouTube. That’s what he does. Maybe read the whole post anarl

Not sure if you know marra. He stopped him.

Assume you’ve not seen much of Joyce. look up his fights on YouTube. That’s what he does. Maybe read the whole post anarl
Probably watched every fight of his to be honest pal.

Hes a plodder with a good chin that's about it.

Can you name a decent name on his record?

Just because he stopped him dosent mean he was quality.

Just my opinion but hes a bad fighter who's badly promoted.

First time he steps up in class he will be stopped

How many heavyweights had a decent name on their record at 13-0?
I'd say that Takam and Dubois are pretty decent at this stage....
Chisora would be a decent enough test for Joyce next imo...

He has stopped Dubois and takam in his first 13 fights. Quality stuff.

And you don’t have to be pernell Whitaker to be a quality fighter.

Stamina, chin, power and being able to relentless walk people are qualities.

Missed today's Olympic craic being out on the lash last night but saw McCormack took a UD win.. Up against 1 of the favourites to take gold next round.. He'll probably turn pro after these games, double amateur world championship winner and double latin america championship winner with an amateur record of 113-8 and he's only 25 ffs.

Joyce is nails with a great engine. Just breaks people down. Not sure he can step up much further from current level mind. Gets hit a lot and age isn't on his side

Joyce is nails with a great engine. Just breaks people down. Not sure he can step up much further from current level mind. Gets hit a lot and age isn't on his side
It’s almost scares me how good that chin is. Surely somebody will check it…I’ll be gutted like as he’s like a zombie.

I think the biggest risk to him is being outboxed and losing comfortably on points.

I think all the flaws from his defeat to Usyk are still pretty much there unfortunately but he gives any HW a good fight because he's so relentless and his chin is granite.

Liked this quick little rdad on Joyce...

Joyce is in a unique position where everyone knows he's not elite level but popular because his style is so basic but perfected and easy on the eye to watch. I think by far his best attribute is the jab where he'll hop into range on the front foot poke a jab in and hop back out of range on the back foot, it's so simple yet effective.

I don't necessarily think having a good chin is a good attribute, wear and tear, lowering your punch resistance means the chin will go eventually, it's when not if, but what's better than that is hitting and not getting hit, which he's accomplishing with the jab.

I saw him calling out the Americans, and I say fuck it let have build a profile over there, he's 35, if he wants to make money by out jabbing the jobber Americans Ortiz, Breazeale etc then fair play.

Hate watching him go be honest. Boring and slow. Gets it done mind, just a beast of a man. Doesn't best any of the top big lads though
Who beats him
In the top 10 you reckon?
Joyce is in a unique position where everyone knows he's not elite level but popular because his style is so basic but perfected and easy on the eye to watch. I think by far his best attribute is the jab where he'll hop into range on the front foot poke a jab in and hop back out of range on the back foot, it's so simple yet effective.

I don't necessarily think having a good chin is a good attribute, wear and tear, lowering your punch resistance means the chin will go eventually, it's when not if, but what's better than that is hitting and not getting hit, which he's accomplishing with the jab.

I saw him calling out the Americans, and I say fuck it let have build a profile over there, he's 35, if he wants to make money by out jabbing the jobber Americans Ortiz, Breazeale etc then fair play.
At may go and some stage like. Scares me. However at the moment, fuck me, that is some attribute in terms of beating someone. But I do worry for him.

I take it neone watched our lad Pat McCormack cruise through... Probably the heavy favourite in his weight class to win gold in the qtr finals and ne noise. He'll prob turn pro after this aswell..

It's a tough one for Luke though as I posted earlier in the thread..

Last edited:
I take it neone watched our lad Pat McCormack cruise through... Probably the heavy favourite in his weight class to win gold in the qtr finals and ne noise. He'll prob turn pro after this aswell..

It's a tough one for Luke though as I posted earlier in the thread..
He was fav even money to get gold

Why are so many people rating Hughie Fury and fancying his chances against Joseph Parker ?

Nevermind that what's he done to deserve a title shot ? He beat Fred Kassie and that's about it only got the chance cause of his surname.

Don't get me wrong he's young and promising and looks like he's got a decent future ahead of him but don't like his chances against Parker who can hit hard and fast, his fight against Takam was brilliant and I don't think Hughie could handle that kind of contest !

N also his cousins back in it running his mouth of on Twitter,

Bellew to KO Haye
Hughie to get the win
Wlad to knock out AJ

Don't think he's got one right there !
4 years and not 1 like... take one from me son

Hylton Castle and TEF Boxing club closed as from today. From Facebook

1968-2021 as from today the club is finished in sunderland,,,
Here we go Sunderland council hold you heads in shame,

Back