Latest boxing crack

Haven’t watched tonight, can summarise what has happened? What did the ref do?
Ritson was clearly losing. His corner told him he had one more round to turn it around or they'll pull him out. He then gets knocked down and his Dad threw the towel in. Ritson clearly sees the towel and starts heading back to his corner then realises the ref hasn't actually stopped it. The fight resumes, the ref throws the towel out the ring, Ponce starts pummelling him again and put him down twice more before the ref finally stopped it. Looked like he'd broken his ribs after the 3rd knockdown and went straight to the back.

aye ref can over rule.

otherwise someone could sign for a fight get slightly clipped once in the first round and the corner chucks in the towel and they all go home with full wallets
That clearly wasn't the case here though so the ref dropped a bollock.
Suppose there's always the possibility of betting scams as well. However when a fighter has clearly had enough you would like to think the ref is close enough to the action to agree with said fighters corner. You can only assume tonights ref thought ritson had a bit more to give and disagreed with the corner.

Suppose there's always the possibility of betting scams as well. However when a fighter has clearly had enough you would like to think the ref is close enough to the action to agree with said fighters corner. You can only assume tonights ref thought ritson had a bit more to give and disagreed with the corner.
Aye. He was wrong though and I think Ritson took alot more than he needed to because of it. Really weird call by the ref.

Well NE boxing has had a shocking year. Completely collapsed on itself.

Hopefully whoever picks up the McCormacks after the Olympics actually does a decent job of building them here in the NE this time, not put them on loads of PPV undercards and get a good matchmaker for them. Some good lads in French and Dickinson in the and as well as a few others so it can come again here.

Both Kelly and Ritson beat up, Ward getting an underpar draw and Laws, well he was always gonna lose as soon as he stepped up but it helps when people up here can sell tickets.

I suppose at least Vallily dropped the Mountain this year lol

Happened in Katsidid v Earl, absolute cracking bout.
Pattinson looked decent
Fair enough that to be honest. Easy to be judge, jury and executioner when we watch on TV.

Fair play to the ref for going in. Imagine if football refs did that? 🤣

Last edited:
Must be hard to try to have an simple, honest discussion when there's a camera pointed in your face, knowing you have to be careful what you say all the time.

Missed the fights this week - chose to sit in the hot top drinking rum every night instead. I'm comfortable with the decision :)

As good as it is, I just prefer to watch it via my sky box rather than a stream. But to be fair DAZN is absolute bargain for what it is, I suppose my gripe is just me not liking the world turning to streaming services because I am an old man.
Bin the sky box off entirely. At least then everything will be on the same box (streaming), and you don't have to switch between them?
And it'll be LOADS cheaper. Also, fuck sky.

Bin the sky box off entirely. At least then everything will be on the same box (streaming), and you don't have to switch between them?
And it'll be LOADS cheaper. Also, fuck sky.
Pausing and rewinding/recording is something I do regular, just need the streaming channels to do that a bit better.

Back