Latest boxing crack

116-111 was a bit silly like but I would have thought most sensible folk would have called a Parker win there.

Parker is very disappointing for me, never built on a decent showing vs AJ and has the tools to cement his place in the top 3/4 HWs.

Last edited:
116-111 was a bit silly like but I would have thought most sensible folk would have called a Parker win there.

Parker is very disappointing for me, never built on a decent showing vs AJ and has the tools to cement his place in the top 3/4 HWs.
The Joshua fight summed him up for me. Looked to be right in the fight after 7 or 8 rounds but then seemed to be content to cruise to a decision loss rather than risk getting knocked out once Joshua adjusted.

Parker a completely average heavyweight IMO. Chisora 3 years ago takes him out, Christ probably about 5-6 of the current crop beat him with ease.

The Joshua fight summed him up for me. Looked to be right in the fight after 7 or 8 rounds but then seemed to be content to cruise to a decision loss rather than risk getting knocked out once Joshua adjusted.
Agree totally, lacks the killer instinct and won't risk it when it matters most. That extra 10-15% is the difference.

Wilder would be the most interesting fight out there for Parker, but can't see past a Chisora rematch on the Fury AJ undercard.

People on twitter seriously suggesting Chisora was robbed 🤦🏻‍♂️

Embarrassing reading through some of them. You’d think they’d watched a different fight.

He’s got good fundamentals. Good chin, fast hands, decent power, good stamina, just never seems to utilise it properly. It’s like he’s scared of getting knocked out.

You could even hear his corner tonight shouting at him to go for it when he was being tentative later on.

Honestly he’s proper frustrating to watch for me. He shows at times when he does let go he can really trouble people but you rarely see it.
Agree totally, lacks the killer instinct and won't risk it when it matters most. That extra 10-15% is the difference.

Wilder would be the most interesting fight out there for Parker, but can't see past a Chisora rematch on the Fury AJ undercard.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here.

Last edited:

Back