Latest boxing crack

20% of his fee gone. quigg has said he was 3 pounds over yesterday and on track and then it didn't budge.
Says to me that his body is finished at this weight already. Very meticulous about his preparation quigg and roach is a good coach so would be a surprise if they've been cutting corners.

It still amazes me when fighters don’t make weight. 99% of then live the fighters lifestyle all year round and then have a 3-4 month training camp, then fail to make weight. It’s shocking really.
It's unforgivable like marra. They know what they have to be at, they know when they have to be at it and they have people around them that make it as possible for anyone to make it. I always think it's shite when they miss weight, it's just unprofessional.

It's unforgivable like marra. They know what they have to be at, they know when they have to be at it and they have people around them that make it as possible for anyone to make it. I always think it's shite when they miss weight, it's just unprofessional.

Completely agree mate. Massively unprofessional.
Quigg has been trying to rebuild his career, gets a big chance over the water and then doesn’t make weight? Pathetic really.

Quigg is the last person I would expected to misss weight

This lad lives and breathes the lifestyle minute by minute and from what I read and see is ultra professional

He doesn't have form for this and was on point - gets benefit of doubt from me like, losing his title shot and 20 percent of his purse is fair punishment

Quigg is the last person I would expected to misss weight

This lad lives and breathes the lifestyle minute by minute and from what I read and see is ultra professional

He doesn't have form for this and was on point - gets benefit of doubt from me like, losing his title shot and 20 percent of his purse is fair punishment

I think it should shows that he isn't at that weight anymore and needs to move up. The issue would then be that he would become less effective.

2.8lbs at his weight is huge mind.

Be interesting to know how many here, with all due respect, have had to cut weight before. It's a very delicate procedure that can go wrong easily.

I've done the exact same thing for a comp as all of my others, and started the water cut at a lower body weight and the weight hasn't budged. Illness and various other factors can really fuck you up.

Be interesting to know how many here, with all due respect, have had to cut weight before. It's a very delicate procedure that can go wrong easily.

I've done the exact same thing for a comp as all of my others, and started the water cut at a lower body weight and the weight hasn't budged. Illness and various other factors can really fuck you up.

Isn't that the point though? If it's cutting to such extremes maybe, the weight class above is where he should be ?

Isn't that the point though? If it's cutting to such extremes maybe, the weight class above is where he should be ?

Not necessarily. My point is that even small cuts can go wrong for a variety of reasons, some things that are totally out of control of the athlete. Time will tell if he's too big or if it was a fluke/mistake.

Not necessarily. My point is that even small cuts can go wrong for a variety of reasons, some things that are totally out of control of the athlete. Time will tell if he's too big or if it was a fluke/mistake.

Yeah I get that and it's a fair point. Just seems such an excessive amount to be over.

Yeah I get that and it's a fair point. Just seems such an excessive amount to be over.

Last comp I dropped 1lb overnight after cutting out my water intake and having sauna baths. It's usually over 10lbs. Sometimes bizarre shit just happens, or maybe they overlooked something, which if is the case then obviously that is on him

After what happened to skogland the Swedish boxing authorities are getting tough on weight cutting and are going to ask boxers to provide a detailed acount on how the weight is lost....so i assume if they aren't satisfied they won't box...good idea in imo..

I think it should shows that he isn't at that weight anymore and needs to move up. The issue would then be that he would become less effective.

I agree on both points mate

At 10 year old in a boxing gym in fatfield getting my lips pinched off by a ginger kid about a stone heavier I don't think weight cuts came into it marra ;)

Last edited:
At 10 year old in a boxing gym in fatfield getting my lips pinched off by a ginger kid about a stone heavier I don't think weight cuts came into it marra ;)

I'm not really sure how that relates to world class athletes cutting weight mind mate :lol:

More money needs pumping into drug testing with tighter stricter guidelines...fury played the solicitor card and the agency couldn't afford to prosecute hence how he got off...ya don't play boxing serious things happen...ban that meat altogether if so...
That means people who live in countries where this meat exists would have to import their meat.
It would finish boxing.

I agree here like totally. I suppose he will be watched now.

Callum drinkald picked for England team last night. Nice to see him get in the England set up early, one to watch.

Last edited:

Back