Latest boxing crack

I think I'd actually pay money to go to Wembley to see it. One of the first times I've ever thought that.
Been my dream, even going back to when Fury was a fat knacker and Joshua was selling out Wembley/Cardiff against Wlad, Povetkin and Parker. In fact my first thought when they unveiled the lockdown roadmap was that it would put Wembley back on the table, although we all knew they'd milk Saudi regardless. Atmosphere would have been electric.

Got to think that AJ has to establish a stiff jab very early on. Got to discourage Fury's new come-forward style, because AJ doesn't have the movement to cope with that.
If he can make Fury fight his defensive style, then he has to figure out how to actually land on him, which is a tough one.

The best part of that style is how Kronk use constant feints to tire the opponent and as a form of defence. Manny Steward spoke about it a lot before the Wlad fight to British press who were going mad about Haye, he said Wlad will apply too much mental pressure for him to cope, his left hand will always be doing something and that has your opponent spending more time worrying about what you're trying to set up.

If Fury can be measured and keep those half steps back, extending the glove to stop anything coming over the top, it will be a very tough night for Joshua to do anything. He isn't comfortable when he thinks he's going to be hit and the whole style Lee and Hill will be implimenting is one where the opponent is expending energy and limiting output out of fear of getting hit. Even before Fury went with Hill, I thought he'd feint AJ to death, but now he's with a couple of coaches who have the perfect philosophy for Fury's style I think AJ would need to pull off something really special.

The one thing I'm interested in is seeing how Fury would recover from a knockdown caused by a combination of shots, rather than flash knockdowns from 1 meaningful shot. Joshua is a good finisher, so there's questions there but AJ has to do something special for it to get to that position imo.

The best part of that style is how Kronk use constant feints to tire the opponent and as a form of defence. Manny Steward spoke about it a lot before the Wlad fight to British press who were going mad about Haye, he said Wlad will apply too much mental pressure for him to cope, his left hand will always be doing something and that has your opponent spending more time worrying about what you're trying to set up.

If Fury can be measured and keep those half steps back, extending the glove to stop anything coming over the top, it will be a very tough night for Joshua to do anything. He isn't comfortable when he thinks he's going to be hit and the whole style Lee and Hill will be implimenting is one where the opponent is expending energy and limiting output out of fear of getting hit. Even before Fury went with Hill, I thought he'd feint AJ to death, but now he's with a couple of coaches who have the perfect philosophy for Fury's style I think AJ would need to pull off something really special.

The one thing I'm interested in is seeing how Fury would recover from a knockdown caused by a combination of shots, rather than flash knockdowns from 1 meaningful shot. Joshua is a good finisher, so there's questions there but AJ has to do something special for it to get to that position imo.
I can't remember Fury ever taking shots. Plural. Getting beat up.
He's been flash-knocked down a few times, but always recovered (and very well).

I wonder if AJ can land on him. Honestly, its the fight for the decade if it comes off :)

I can't remember Fury ever taking shots. Plural. Getting beat up.
He's been flash-knocked down a few times, but always recovered (and very well).

I wonder if AJ can land on him. Honestly, its the fight for the decade if it comes off :)

i think Joshua can land on him, Wallin, and Wilder have landed on him recently and Joshua’s better than them both !

always said i think you can pin Fury hit his body rather than his head ( as his head movements better then anyone Joshua has fought ) slow him down by landing to the body then move up to the head in the later rounds

i think its possible, not saying that Joshua will but i think if anyone can in the division its him !

It depends for me if AJ comes in as a bodybuilder.......... or as he did v Ruiz the second time. For a better fight he has to come in leaner and lighter when he beat Ruiz. Overall though I think Fury just has to much know how for any fighter on this planet.
My concern with Fury is what shape he’ll be in.
I think it will be something like a year and a half since his last fight when this takes place.
If he’s in anything close to top condition then he wins.

You can make a strong case for either tbf.....however the best version of Fury beats the best version of AJ imo.

You might be right, will be great if we can bloody find out eh! My main reason for taking a strongish position against Fury in the fight. is that I don't rate Wilder very highly at all. Therefore, I think Furys performance dismantling him, although very impressive, has been vastly over-rated.

You might be right, will be great if we can bloody find out eh! My main reason for taking a strongish position against Fury in the fight. is that I don't rate Wilder very highly at all. Therefore, I think Furys performance dismantling him, although very impressive, has been vastly over-rated.
100% ive said this for a year not to knock Fury but just discrediting Wilder

Wilder is terrible. Amazing one-shot though, coupled with a very good chin that lets him have the confidence to go all out with that one-shot. Not many have that trick.

If it's in Saudi then the heat and humidity in July will play a huge part too. Dry heat during the day which is tiring then when the sun sets the humidity levels ramp right up.

New frank warren documentary film on by sport was excellent.

some adventures franky boy like, amazing what he achieved back in the day when the cartel were trying to banish him.

338 world titles fights man...amazing.
I picked Joyce over Dubois and got laughed at. I think Joshua will bang Fury about. Wish they would crack on sorting it out. Sick of hearing quotes from Fury and his old man, and Fast Eddie.
no you didn’t Marra, not on here, Few of us backed Joyce and it was very cordial in the predictions, haway you still pulling that one out 😃😃.

Last edited:
New frank warren documentary film on by sport was excellent.

some adventures franky boy like, amazing what he achieved back in the day when the cartel were trying to banish him.

338 world titles fights man...amazing.

no you didn’t Marra, not on here, Few of us backed Joyce and it was very cordial in the predictions, haway you still pulling that one out 😃😃.

I did like, I remember a stream of laughing emoji's fired my way and being asked if I'd seen him fight. CBA to dig it out. And too right I am, I'm not right often enough to ignore a correct prediction :cool: .

I did like, I remember a stream of laughing emoji's fired my way and being asked if I'd seen him fight. CBA to dig it out. And too right I am, I'm not right often enough to ignore a correct prediction :cool: .
that was one of the more polite predictions for a big fight on here..........nee one took the piss out of my on that one, they must think you are a muppet. 😉😉😃😃
Wilder is terrible. Amazing one-shot though, coupled with a very good chin that lets him have the confidence to go all out with that one-shot. Not many have that trick
Steve bunce would call you an ‘after timer’ on his podcast like. 😎😉

Last edited:

Back