Latest boxing crack

Underestimating an opponent from a trainer/manager/promoter level or overestimating your fighter?

I watched one of Kelly’s fights yesterday and was surprised at how much he leaves himself open having not seen much of him previously.

You can’t do it stepping up a level unless you’re really good at dodging well thought out punches.
He has only fought 12 times in a 4 year pro career which isn't enough. Most pros fight every couple of months in the early days and that is the best way for them to develop. I'm being Captain Hindsight here though.
See, I thought this. They kept saying how big he looked, but he really wasn't. Some of these Welters are massive.
Spence Jr would dwarf him I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lick yer wounds, fuck Booth off, get yer head down in America and be prepared to re-learn and put the work in, there's obvious talent there but Booth is just blowning smoke up your arse Josh.

Agreed. As much as I like the way Booth picks flamboyant fighters, they generally outgrow him. Even someone like Shane Mcguigan would probably benefit Kelly with regards to learning his craft. He's got all the ability in the world but his naivety was there for all to see.

This is why i love boxing. Theres much more to it than two blokes fighting. The psychology is fascinating these gladiators going in there you don’t know what you’re going to get. That charlton lad on previously has an absolute granite chin, recovery powers, top engine, decent punch which got him so far upto now. Kelly has fast hands, movement, awkward style which has got him to another level without being troubled up until recently. Could go on but its class to watch fighters evolve. Its a very strange thing to get hurt fighting the whole adrenaline overload takes it back to the fight or flight no matter who you are. The buzz from fighting is beyond any narcotic and the fear to begin is just as powerful. To try and bottle that is incredibly difficult and i have the highest respect for any combat sport athlete that takes part.

This is why i love boxing. Theres much more to it than two blokes fighting. The psychology is fascinating these gladiators going in there you don’t know what you’re going to get. That charlton lad on previously has an absolute granite chin, recovery powers, top engine, decent punch which got him so far upto now. Kelly has fast hands, movement, awkward style which has got him to another level without being troubled up until recently. Could go on but its class to watch fighters evolve. Its a very strange thing to get hurt fighting the whole adrenaline overload takes it back to the fight or flight no matter who you are. The buzz from fighting is beyond any narcotic and the fear to begin is just as powerful. To try and bottle that is incredibly difficult and i have the highest respect for any combat sport athlete that takes part.
Kelly Vs Charlton wouldn't be a bad match up next to be fair.
Like I can sort that out when I've had a drink man
I'll gan through it in the morning
He pulled out anyway marra. His prediction is null and void.

Last edited:
Honestly I’ve always hated Adrien Broner (the way he goes on) but even I felt sorry for him watching his fight tonight, he’s seems to of done some growing up but he is just a shadow of his former boxing self.
Aye I know he won but he didn’t look good if anything he should of lost, if I was him I’d just retire and enjoy my coin unless he pissed it away that is.
Edit Nevermind he’s going on like a knob again in the interview after the fight the wanker :lol:

Last edited:

Back