Latest boxing crack

Can imagine the Irish and UK media are going to have a right go at Fury soon. Senile old Bob giving an interview admitting that Daniel is still very much involved with the running of ITK and is an advisor to him.

Bunce and Costello reliving some of the greatest fights on their podcast by re-watching them with legends.

The first one was Leonard v Hearns whilst Leonard watched along and provided insight into the fight. Really enjoyable and an incredible fight to rewatch which I did on YouTube.

After listening, I've finally decided to pick this up off my book shelf and read it next:

Logon or register to see this image
That was a brilliant listen, thanks

That fight was peak Hatton hype....no disgrace in getting schooled by Floyd mind.
Think Hatton was something ridiculous like 5/4 come fight night with the amount of UK punters placing bets.
Hattons actual peak was well behind him by then. It was so strange, he forgot how to box almost overnight.

Hattons actual peak was well behind him by then. It was so strange, he forgot how to box almost overnight.
Admits his lifestyle caught with him , being a fat fuck between fights and on the booze.

decent but short listen on Frank Warren podcast.
someone mentioned this as coming up...
Larry merchant now on boxing life stories podcast.
And for any Larry merchant fans

different league to max kellerman and some of the matchroom/sky sycophants

Last edited:
Admits his lifestyle caught with him , being a fat fuck between fights and on the booze.

decent but short listen on Frank Warren podcast.
someone mentioned this as coming up...
Larry merchant now on boxing life stories podcast.
And for any Larry merchant fans

different league to max kellerman and some of the matchroom/sky sycophants

I actually quite liked Kellerman as an analyst to be honest. Wasn't anything like as entertaining as Larry in his pomp but he was often the voice of reason in HBO's latter years.

Less said about his interviewing skills the better.
Just put Mayweather Hatton on YouTube. Weirdly I don’t think I’ve ever seen it

Rewatched it about a year or so back and for 5-6 rounds or so it was a lot more competitive than I remember even if Mayweather was winning most of the rounds. Cortez was an absolute disgrace that night and the fight pretty much ended as a contest once he deducted the point from Hatton.

Last edited:
Rewatched it about a year or so back and for 5-6 rounds or so it was a lot more competitive than I remember even if Mayweather was winning most of the rounds. Cortez was an absolute disgrace that night and the fight pretty much ended as a contest once he deducted the point from Hatton.

Floyd struggled with Hatton's foot speed until he managed to slow him down

I actually quite liked Kellerman as an analyst to be honest. Wasn't anything like as entertaining as Larry in his pomp but he was often the voice of reason in HBO's latter years.

Less said about his interviewing skills the better.

Aye although Ricky was well beat Floyd didn't have it all his own way.

Back