Latest boxing crack

Just beautiful. Beautiful violence
Why can't all refs do this?
Its a 10 count, not an 8 count, and not a "wave it off because you went down twice".
Then steps in and stops it when someone is actually unable to defend themselves. Excellent.
I had tickets to see Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois last Sat. Obviously it's been re-scheduled, but the next genuine heavyweight contender will be the winner of this bout.
If Dubois won, aye. If Joyce won, he'd still need at least one more big one. Just imo.

Last edited:
Why can't all refs do this?
Its a 10 count, not an 8 count, and not a "wave it off because you went down twice".
Then steps in and stops it when someone is actually unable to defend themselves. Excellent.

If Dubois won, aye. If Joyce won, he'd still need at least one more big one. Just imo.
Joyce is kicking on in age. If he doesn't win this fight he will be lucky to get anywhere near a wod title shot.

That's my thinking. At this point, he needs to prove he's ready, as he doesn't have that "next big thing" tag against his name.

Problem is even if he wins he has no quick route to a world title fight because most of the top 10 heavyweights are under matchroom. Dubois has time on his side even if he loses.

Got tickets and hotel booked for Dillian in July. Rang the hotel and they’ve changed the nights for the new date, however I’m doubting any events will be held until atleast the back end of the year. Seems odd that match room would schedule for beginning of July.

Bunce and Costello reliving some of the greatest fights on their podcast by re-watching them with legends.

The first one was Leonard v Hearns whilst Leonard watched along and provided insight into the fight. Really enjoyable and an incredible fight to rewatch which I did on YouTube.

After listening, I've finally decided to pick this up off my book shelf and read it next:

Logon or register to see this image

Bunce and Costello reliving some of the greatest fights on their podcast by re-watching them with legends.

The first one was Leonard v Hearns whilst Leonard watched along and provided insight into the fight. Really enjoyable and an incredible fight to rewatch which I did on YouTube.

After listening, I've finally decided to pick this up off my book shelf and read it next:

It's a cracking read....

Hagler v Leonard was one of the most controversial decisions of all time.
There's been far worse robberies down the years....Watched a rerun recently and still had it Hagler by 2 rounds.

It's a cracking read....

Hagler v Leonard was one of the most controversial decisions of all time.
There's been far worse robberies down the years....Watched a rerun recently and still had it Hagler by 2 rounds.
Only because of the magnitude of the fight.

hagler blew it first 5 rds.
Leonard 1 or 2 rds up imo

One of my favourite fights.
leonard showed why he is one of the very best.....

Last edited:

Good book from memory mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even a Tyson fan but could watch this all day....the f***ing speed man.

Listened to it this morning.... brillaint listening to the best of the modern era with such emotion and humility.

Last edited:

Back