Last time caller, Alan.

Neil from Cramlington I think he is. Also has a woman on call Jean that he 'winds' up :neutral::lol::lol:
She’s always cooking her tea around midnight.

Volunteer night on a Friday about 30 years ago. Ahead of its time. An old girl called Bridie used to walk to a call box on the scotswood road. Put her 10ps in for an hour and then sing secret love. Ahead of its time.

Last edited:
Robson didn't replace James Whale - there were 3 presenters in between
Whale left in December 1981 to work for Radio Aire in Leeds
He was replaced by Alan Beswick who stayed for a year or so before going back to Lancashire, then a guy called Tony Crosby did it, followed by Dave Porter for a year before Robson got the gig permanently in 1984 - I seem to remember Robson may have done Friday nights from 83 onwards

Whale pretty much invented the formula, and the show was never as good after he left
How on earth Robson managed to spin it out for 30 odd years is completely beyond me

Turns out he was an illegal immigrant,only came to light after he went viral with his "one pound fish" song,deported.

Wasn’t deported, went back to Pakistan before his U.K. visa expired to get a French visa to perform his song over there.

When he reapplied for a UK visa it has been declined twice as he breached his Student Visa by signing a record deal, they don’t believe he will be coming back on a temporary basis - working on the fish stall part time was allowed on his Visa.

Wasn’t deported, went back to Pakistan before his U.K. visa expired to get a French visa to perform his song over there.

When he reapplied for a UK visa it has been declined twice as he breached his Student Visa by signing a record deal, they don’t believe he will be coming back on a temporary basis - working on the fish stall part time was allowed on his Visa.
Didn't he try to get an entertainment visa for the UK,got an agent etc?

Good, he can fuck off

Back