Last time caller, Alan.

Already been arrested for flashing on a beach but he obviously thinks it's funny.
The naked truth behind Night Owls star Alan Robson flashing blade nickname
He said the nickname came also back to haunt him when he was asked to open a naturist beach in north Northumberland, which he said organisers persuaded him to do, as nature intended.

“I stripped off and let’s say not everyone was looking me in the eye,” he said.
Logon or register to see this image

Do you remember the time, he and his crew were up the top of Penshaw hill looking for UFO's. Cue the dafties from the pub at the bottom (The Prospect?) heading up there and causing a commotion. You could here this ruckus on air. He had to abandon his broadcast and head off elsewhere. Might have been Carley Hill or somewhere over shields way.

@Panhead was class that night. He should get back on this week to give Alan an update of how he's getting on.

It’s mad. I never remember to tune in but it’s always an absolute scream. I hope the show is picked up by a different station.

I’m trying to think what happened the last time I listened in. Some bloke rang in and sang three Elton John numbers and then the following bloke called to say how scared he was of the rain. Could be wrong like.

Sounds like night owls tbf.

Had some right nutters ring up that show, shame it's ending really as the majority of them would have been lonely people who enjoyed calling him up for a bit of chat :confused:

Can't stand the bloke. He was doing high fives as people went over the start line when I did the great north run. So I raised my hand, then dropped it and snubbed him. Childish I know :oops:

Proper rebel you mind ;):lol::lol:

Ah, you're one of the "take something once, be forever ruined" brigade?

I tell you, if everyone in the country were forced to take it at least once in their life, the UK would be a far better place. Eye-opening experience that puts everything else into perspective.

It also gives you a whole new adult appreciation for The Magic Roundabout.

DMT not eye-opening, mind opening, well technically eye-opening you're 3rd eye (not the japs)

Last edited:
Joined the Night Owls back when James Whale started it in '74. Must have the car sticker somewhere (along with the Divvent Dunch'iz Wa Geordies sticker). Not the car though. That was a Capri 3.0 GTXLR.

f***ing brilliant...

Haha that's class.....the f***ing shankshaw redemption man.

I used to listen to the show back in the day and can remember that caller, Robson must have paid out loads in divorce settlements, the fuckwrs been married about 5 times.

Back