Last minute trip Europe

I went on my jack Jones.

Any more details on the area? Was looking at setting up in a village round there for 5 nights, there is one 30 mins bus from Colmar.

Can you then hire a bike to ride to villages and vineyards for wine tasting? Or did you hire a car or anything?

I have heard the wine tasting is free just wondering for example if I went to a local cafe or bar how much would a glass of wine set me back?

Any info at all would be great marra.

Any more details on the area? Was looking at setting up in a village round there for 5 nights, there is one 30 mins bus from Colmar.

Can you then hire a bike to ride to villages and vineyards for wine tasting? Or did you hire a car or anything?

I have heard the wine tasting is free just wondering for example if I went to a local cafe or bar how much would a glass of wine set me back?

Any info at all would be great marra.
I actually stopped off on my way home from a race in the alps. Stayed in Colmar (hôtel turenne) and just spent a couple of days walking around and visiting. The food and wine were lovely as was the atmosphere. Villages outside of the place will likely be small and rural. Loads of vineyards around colmar and there's a huge cycle trail that goes north to south along the wine trail.

As for cost of a glass of wine. From memory I paid about 2 euros for a glass of cremant. It's was very cheap. The local pizza called flammkuchen was around 8 euros.

5 days might be a bit toppy tbf

I actually stopped off on my way home from a race in the alps. Stayed in Colmar (hôtel turenne) and just spent a couple of days walking around and visiting. The food and wine were lovely as was the atmosphere. Villages outside of the place will likely be small and rural. Loads of vineyards around colmar and there's a huge cycle trail that goes north to south along the wine trail.

As for cost of a glass of wine. From memory I paid about 2 euros for a glass of cremant. It's was very cheap. The local pizza called flammkuchen was around 8 euros.

5 days might be a bit toppy tbf

Thanks mate. That is cheap for the wine, thought might be pretentious but I guess they are making it there so why wouldn't it be

There are some lush villages around like, small and rural is what I am after. Yeah I am just trying to work how the route works, so I just hire a bike and what, there is a clear cycle trail that stops off at each village? or just that runs through the vineyards and there are wineries there?

Thanks mate. That is cheap for the wine, thought might be pretentious but I guess they are making it there so why wouldn't it be

There are some lush villages around like, small and rural is what I am after. Yeah I am just trying to work how the route works, so I just hire a bike and what, there is a clear cycle trail that stops off at each village? or just that runs through the vineyards and there are wineries there?
Yep pretty much.

Alsace Wine Road cycle route

Back