Last gig you went to

Yeah, they were mate....really good. Great setlist as well.
Seen them a couple of times in the early 80's....Phil's voice has held up well.
Pretty much the same for me.
I'd seen them at boro town hall in the early 80's , and at reading Festival in 1980.
Excellent in their younger days.
Didnt really know what to expect last time around, but they were really good , and as you say - great setlist.
I’ve walked out of 5 bands in my life. Iron Maiden, UB40, Lice, Roxy Girls and Black Midi. I wadnt listen to Black Midis emperors new clothes shite 40+yrs ago when it was being done for the first time so I’m not bothering now.
Only gig i've walked out on was the Lightning Seeds.
Just thought they were really drab live, even though i quite like their albums.

Last edited:
I’ve walked out of 5 bands in my life. Iron Maiden, UB40, Lice, Roxy Girls and Black Midi. I wadnt listen to Black Midis emperors new clothes shite 40+yrs ago when it was being done for the first time so I’m not bothering now.
Iron Maiden, can you remember what year?
Were you a fan of them at the time, or just go to see what they were like?
I first seen them in 1980, and thought they were great live, even then. I've never seen them put on a bad show, and would even put their 2018 Legacy of the Beast show at the arena as the best ive ever seen.

The Sherlock’s at the Boiler Shop. Didn’t pay though as I was in one of the support acts.

Paying to see a band..... either Fontaine’s D.C at the Academy or Toy in Independent. Can’t really remember which one was first.

I first seen them in 1980, and thought they were great live, even then. I've never seen them put on a bad show, and would even put their 2018 Legacy of the Beast show at the arena as the best ive ever seen.
It’s heavy metal marra. I knew it’d be bad...just didn’t realise just how bad. Twas a midweek gig in Sunderland early 80s. We’d go to watch paint dry such was the absence of touring bands in Sunderland at the time.

Got to agree. I`m not a massive Maiden fan or anything but I do like them but live they are absolutely incredible. So much energy, excitement and a brilliant show.

Tedeschi Trucks at Wembley early Feb, then Marcus King Band at the Electric in Camden at the end of Feb. Bloody brilliant gigs. Live music is the thing I miss most about the lockdown. We were out several times a week to jazz club, open nights in bars, singers session afternoons as well as proper gigs. :(
Just stumbled on these, not particularly original but f***ing great.
Looks like they played smallish venues when over here must have been amazing?

Was supposed to see Marc Rebillet in Edinburgh the weekend just gone, but he's moved his tour to the summer so that went out the window.

Still went up, had a look to see who else was playing and ended up seeing KNEECAP. They're an experience 😂

Back