Last Days in Vietnam

I remember just about every night the BBC news reported how many Americans had been killed that day, and seeing the body bags lined up on the ground. Year after year after year.

Nooo. Vietnam can't even get justice and compensation for the war crime that was Agent Orange.
It boils my blood everytime I see something on Vietnam. Chemical weapons, burning villages and murdering civilians by the 100`s. I watched a documentary by Martin Sheen recently where it was like hearing stories of atrocities committed by the Einzatzgrupen in WWII, but it wasn`t it was Americians in Vietnam and they were talking as if they were talking about what they did in such a matter of fact way using words such as "doing my duty", "fighting for freedom" and the usual banal phrases to try to justify the war crimes that they committed. many of these were unarmed women, children and old people but they got away with it. Absolutely disgusting.

It boils my blood everytime I see something on Vietnam. Chemical weapons, burning villages and murdering civilians by the 100`s. I watched a documentary by Martin Sheen recently where it was like hearing stories of atrocities committed by the Einzatzgrupen in WWII, but it wasn`t it was Americians in Vietnam and they were talking as if they were talking about what they did in such a matter of fact way using words such as "doing my duty", "fighting for freedom" and the usual banal phrases to try to justify the war crimes that they committed. many of these were unarmed women, children and old people but they got away with it. Absolutely disgusting.
It is. I visited Vietnam and the disfigurements caused by agent orange are horrendous. I was walking to the war museum and I saw a beggar with literally no face. No nose, no lips, no nothing. Enough to make you cry.

It is. I visited Vietnam and the disfigurements caused by agent orange are horrendous. I was walking to the war museum and I saw a beggar with literally no face. No nose, no lips, no nothing. Enough to make you cry.
Very sobering place to visit.

I was shocked to read about the US senator who murdered women and children. Unbelievable.

Bob Kerry was his name.

Very sobering place to visit.

I was shocked to read about the US senator who murdered women and children. Unbelievable.

Bob Kerry was his name.
A disgrace. And the amazing thing is that even all of those things happened in my lifetime and still I felt so welcomed, so humbled. We have it easy.

Back