Last day to renew your season card

Should have said i renewed last week.....I as long as i can afford to and am physically able i will always renew my season ticket ...if there ever comes a time that i dont go to the match for whatever reason i will always be STID..but my support in that circumstance will not be comparable to those who actually go to the games, and no amout of spin can make it otherwise.

That is your right fella but a pisss poor excuse fella. imho...... loyal supporters support the club whatever league they are in and nomatter how well the team is playing....you should come with a banning order as you are 100% plastic......next season will sort out the loyal fans from the plastics once and for all.

Totally understand where Kenna is coming from. It’s my position too.

Why on earth you would continue to give your money to Short and Bain... I’m at a loss to be honest.

You can say you’re more loyal etc... but in all honesty you’re not helping the current situation at all.

I’ll probably be slaughtered for this but it’s how I feel.

The gate money is even more crucial at the level we’re going to be at just to help with the running costs and what not. Short might have pocketed transfer fees but if gate income reduces even more it puts more onus on Short to help with the running costs and what’s to say he’d think fuck this and put us into admin? Or if not that severe, then tighten the purse strings even more which puts us in danger of heading to league two.

He’s to blame for our mess aye but many more thousands walking away is just putting us another step closer to being happy to just sit back and watch our great club die in front of our eyes. It, not Short, needs our support more than ever. It also shows potential investors that there’s something special and worthy here to invest in, rather than a dying club which half of the fan base is happy to just walk away from when the going gets tough.

For what it’s worth I totally understand why people have wrapped in over these latest couple of soul destroying years in the SAFC saga, but I think fans need to consider the bigger picture and the survival of our immediate future before thinking packing in and walking away is suddenly going to make Short sell up and solve everything - he already wants to sell anyway and the issue at the minute is finding a buyer.

The gate money is even more crucial at the level we’re going to be at just to help with the running costs and what not. Short might have pocketed transfer fees but if gate income reduces even more it puts more onus on Short to help with the running costs and what’s to say he’d think fuck this and put us into admin? Or if not that severe, then tighten the purse strings even more which puts us in danger of heading to league two.

He’s to blame for our mess aye but many more thousands walking away is just putting us another step closer to being happy to just sit back and watch our great club die in front of our eyes. It, not Short, needs our support more than ever. It also shows potential investors that there’s something special and worthy here to invest in, rather than a dying club which half of the fan base is happy to just walk away from when the going gets tough.

For what it’s worth I totally understand why people have wrapped in over these latest couple of soul destroying years in the SAFC saga, but I think fans need to consider the bigger picture and the survival of our immediate future before thinking packing in and walking away is suddenly going to make Short sell up and solve everything - he already wants to sell anyway and the issue at the minute is finding a buyer.

Who do you think you are the common sense police.

Good post mate.

Great post. I can absolutely understand anyone who is sick of us losing all the time walking away, I can't say I've enjoyed these last two seasons either and going to matches has been a chore. That being said it annoys me when people seem to criticise those who are still going.

Ellis Short isn't making a fortune from SAFC, he is still funding losses. Having read what the likes of grumpy old man have posted he isn't going to see much, if any, of our renewal money, we aren't funding his lavish lifestyle. What the renewal money will do is go towards running costs and paying down the external loan that could leave us without a club if we aren't careful.

Whilst not criticising anyone who has had enough (who can blame them?) those of us who are continuing to go aren't lining Ellis Short's pockets, we aren't giving any sort of vote of confidence to the twats who are running and playing for the club, we are simply continuing to support our club, trying to do our small bit to ensure we have a club to pass on to the next generations. We are doing this because we know our club is more than just the people in charge. People can stay away if they want, but don't criticise those who remain loyal and continue to attend, and certainly don't try and convince others to give up as well, that is only harming the club

Great post. I can absolutely understand anyone who is sick of us losing all the time walking away, I can't say I've enjoyed these last two seasons either and going to matches has been a chore. That being said it annoys me when people seem to criticise those who are still going.

Ellis Short isn't making a fortune from SAFC, he is still funding losses. Having read what the likes of grumpy old man have posted he isn't going to see much, if any, of our renewal money, we aren't funding his lavish lifestyle. What the renewal money will do is go towards running costs and paying down the external loan that could leave us without a club if we aren't careful.

Whilst not criticising anyone who has had enough (who can blame them?) those of us who are continuing to go aren't lining Ellis Short's pockets, we aren't giving any sort of vote of confidence to the twats who are running and playing for the club, we are simply continuing to support our club, trying to do our small bit to ensure we have a club to pass on to the next generations. We are doing this because we know our club is more than just the people in charge. People can stay away if they want, but don't criticise those who remain loyal and continue to attend, and certainly don't try and convince others to give up as well, that is only harming the club

Brilliant follow on post from Sgt Peppers.

Back