Last 5 games

Us, Luton and Portsmouth. 9 points each from our Last 5. All unbeaten. Not much in it.

We are tied 2nd top scorers in the league and tied best defence in the league.

If we win our game in hand we will be 2nd. 2 points from top.

I predict automatic promotion.
What?
Pompey lost yesterday

i totally agree with you, been thinking it myself for weeks, and telling mates of mine the same, the sooner this issue is sorted the better for me, then we can look at the forwards. as our goals seem to just be trickling at the moment.

Hopefully Dunne can do this for us in defence.

Think we could do with a central midfielder that is *6ft+ that can link the midfield and attack much better!
*That's me being picky!

Hopefully Dunne can do this for us in defence.

Think we could do with a central midfielder that is *6ft+ that can link the midfield and attack much better!
*That's me being picky!

Your not wrong mind, its been clear since the beginning of December that we need a good transfer window, to get the team promoted back to the championship.

I've thought the squad was short all season, I really think we are fortunate Maja has been so good as even if Wyke was fit we don't have enough goals

Time to spend a bit of money, its not always the answer, but we need a real injection of quality IMO
Centre mid with physical presence is a must for me. We needed one last year and are still desperate for one now. It ll take the pressure off the defence in open play who often get the blame for our midfield being brushed aside with ease.

Your not wrong mind, its been clear since the beginning of December that we need a good transfer window, to get the team promoted back to the championship.

I do think this squad with a better run of injuries would still be enough but we need to take the initiative amd make sure we get promoted. A good January can help that.

I do think this squad with a better run of injuries would still be enough but we need to take the initiative amd make sure we get promoted. A good January can help that.

Well everyone would like the best squad available for the whole season, but we aren't that lucky, injuries etc, like you just said, so we got to take the chance and get that extra quality and push the team over the line, because as my friend who is a blade once told me, its fun in that division for a season or two, but you soon get sick, and your ambition kicks in again, to get out of league one, and look higher.

Without wanting to piss on the promotion party it’s starting increasingly look like a 4 way battle rather than 3. We can’t discount Barnsley.
There’s a bit of selectivity in the op. Form is usually considered over the last 6 games, not 5.
Over the last 6 games we’re 12th in the form table with 9 points, scoring 6, conceding 6.
Barnsley are top on 14 points, Luton have 12, Portsmouth 10.
As we’re all aware, we’re only 3 ahead of them having played the same games with them to come away. It’s going to the wire this.

Well everyone would like the best squad available for the whole season, but we aren't that lucky, injuries etc, like you just said, so we got to take the chance and get that extra quality and push the team over the line, because as my friend who is a blade once told me, its fun in that division for a season or two, but you soon get sick, and your ambition kicks in again, to get out of league one, and look higher.

We're doing better than most thought we would (I thought we'd have a slow start then improve) but now we're here our ambitions have changed and we'll need to see that in the transfer market.

We're doing better than most thought we would (I thought we'd have a slow start then improve) but now we're here our ambitions have changed and we'll need to see that in the transfer market.

The ambition for me this season is to get promoted, and i thought we would since i heard Stewart Donald speak in July at the RAWA AGM. but as you say however since the start season, ambitions have changed, and must see that in the transfer market, and hopefully the owners will do whatever it takes to get us back to the championship in a season, then its all about looking at the next target Premer League Football.

The ambition for me this season is to get promoted, and i thought we would since i heard Stewart Donald speak in July at the RAWA AGM. but as you say however since the start season, ambitions have changed, and must see that in the transfer market, and hopefully the owners will do whatever it takes to get us back to the championship in a season, then its all about looking at the next target Premer League Football.

I always thought we'd challenge for promotion but thought we'd be around 8th coming into January.

I always thought we'd challenge for promotion but thought we'd be around 8th coming into January.

But now we are 3rd, and only a point or two, we need to push on, and get over the line as soon as possible, then the Television money comes back in and things look at lot easier.

There’s a bit of selectivity in the op. Form is usually considered over the last 6 games, not 5.
Except that that is completely arbitrary. All you're essentially arguing there, is that the result of our match 6 games ago, determines our 'form' as much as our most recent 5. Why stop at 6? then? You're being equally, arbitrarily selective. If we look at our form over 26 games (the least arbitrary set), then we're on course for the top 2 based on points per game.

But now we are 3rd, and only a point or two, we need to push on, and get over the line as soon as possible, then the Television money comes back in and things look at lot easier.

We have it in our own hands and we need to make sure we give ourselves the best chance of doing it.

Let Juan takeover and sign a few Premier League players now!

Except that that is completely arbitrary. All you're essentially arguing there, is that the result of our match 6 games ago, determines our 'form' as much as our most recent 5. Why stop at 6? then? You're being equally, arbitrarily selective. If we look at our form over 26 games (the least arbitrary set), then we're on course for the top 2 based on points per game.

All true. The point I’m making is form tables are usually put together based on the last 6. Our form in the last 6 is very very average.

Us, Luton and Portsmouth. 9 points each from our Last 5. All unbeaten. Not much in it.

We are tied 2nd top scorers in the league and tied best defence in the league.

If we win our game in hand we will be 2nd. 2 points from top.

I predict automatic promotion.

Hush man. Your optimism is not welcome here.

2nd top? Why not 1st?

"Big club, should be walking this league...."

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.

Just kidding mate but sadly reflective of some folk on here.

Eh? When have I ever said otherwise. There’s a difference between saying we should spend within our means and saying we shouldn’t spend at all.

If we spend within our means we aren’t gonna spend

I’ve never ever said we should be spending millions and millions but the owners didn’t invest enough and were fortunate with Maja thsnkfully

Giving them the benefit of the doubt but the team needs investment

To do that, we would need to buy very good championship players

Back