Lasses and etiquette on a night out

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

I do wonder if this is similar to how Gazza got in trouble. A female opinion I've received is I was right to make a protest but stepped over the line moving her to one side as that could have got me into trouble, whatever the original rights and wrongs.
Are you comparing your situation to when Gazza beat his lass or his upcoming trial for sexual assault?

Birds on a night out know they can get away with shit like this. No win situation imho mate.

That occurred to me at the time. Even when she realised she'd got it wrong and that I'd been waiting for the first lass to come down the stairs, she still tried to push in ahead of me hence me moving her aside. But these days, even though you have no bad intent you can have your life sworn away on the spot.

Years ago, I was waiting for a taxi in Edinburgh with two mates. We were at the head of the queue and started talking to a lass waiting behind us. She'd been ditched by her boyfriend that night and just wanted to get home. As she was on her own, we let her have the taxi ahead of us. She thanked us and we thought that was the end of it.

There were four drunk lasses behind her. Another taxi was approaching and the four of them tried to rush us and grab the taxi. While my mates stood back and let it happen, I blocked them and made for the taxi allowing my mates in. One of the lasses started shrieking at me, shouting that they needed to get home urgently too (they'd overheard bits of the earlier conversation) , that I was a puff with no respect for lasses and also they'd get the police on me for assault.

As it happens, a cop car pulled past as I got in the taxi showing no interest (I broke off eye contact with both the girls and the cops, completely ignoring the girls towards the end of the encounter - making her look like a random baying banshee in the process) and with a CCTV camera directly above the taxi rank, she quickly realised even in her drunken state she hadn't a leg to stand on. The taxi driver couldn't be arsed with them either.

It was my mates that got me, in that they were happy enough to be walked over by these lasses who took advantage of a situation that was nothing to do with them.

Are you comparing your situation to when Gazza beat his lass or his upcoming trial for sexual assault?

Not really apart from an innocent move to reclaim my place in the queue could have been blown out of all proportion.. I'm just observing that a situation can be misconstrued and a complete nothing of a situation can quickly spiral out of control. I don't know the respective versions of events in the Gazza story. It might be he just brushed past her or it might be something more serious.

If the lass I had the altercation with had apologised, I'd have probably been happy enough for her to go ahead of me. But she kept pushing her luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back