Lasses and etiquette on a night out

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30853

I was in a bar and the toilets were upstairs (and no, it wasn't a Wetherspoons). A very narrow staircase meant only one person could go up or down at a time.

I headed for the toilets' stairs and a lass was on her way down so I stood back to allow her to come down.

A second lass then pushed ahead of me and started to climb the stairs. I said "what are are you playing at?" but was ignored. She was blocked by the first lass coming down and retreated down the stairs to allow her down.

I said "I told you so, I stood back to let her down.", but the second lass still insistsed on remaining in front of me to head up first.

I grabbed her gently by the shoulders and moved her to one side, saying "I was here first." and headed up the now clear stairs.

Once I've finished my toilet duties and emerged, there's a brief altercation between me and the second lass.

Should I had still allowed the second lass up first and been the bigger man or would it have made me look like a doormat?

Would the right thing to do been to let the second lass up first rather than make a fuss?

Another (more serious) argument is that me moving her to one side could have been construed as common assault.

I was in a bar and the toilets were upstairs (and no, it wasn't a Wetherspoons). A very narrow staircase meant only one person could go up or down at a time.

I headed for the toilets' stairs and a lass was on her way down so I stood back to allow her to come down.

A second lass then pushed ahead of me and started to climb the stairs. I said "what are are you playing at?" but was ignored. She was blocked by the first lass coming down and retreated down the stairs to allow her down.

I said "I told you so, I stood back to let her down.", but the second lass still insistsed on remaining in front of me to head up first.

I grabbed her gently by the shoulders and moved her to one side, saying "I was here first." and headed up the now clear stairs.

Once I've finished my toilet duties and emerged, there's a brief altercation between me and the second lass.

Should I had still allowed the second lass up first and been the bigger man or would it have made me look like a doormat?

Would the right thing to do been to let the second lass up first rather than make a fuss?

Another (more serious) argument is that me moving her to one side could have been construed as common assault.
Equal ops marra

You sound like a lass tbf

Maybe she was about to have an incident and was rushing to the toilet?

Back