Laser eyes

I just had to concentrate on a light for a few seconds, really easy. May have been a slight smell of scorching but that may have been my imagination (was a long time ago). It really is worth doing and as other posters have said, life changing.

Any recommendations for national companies, I live near southampton so NE ones are out.

I have to wear different gasses for reading, so it’s a real pain having to carry two different pairs around. I also work outside, pissed off with either foggy or wet lenses at this time of year.

At the risk of sounding like a pussy, what does it feel like when its being done?

Can't actually feel the laser at all, the clamps to keep your peepers open can be a bit uncomfortable mind. All over in 5-10 minutes.

The only hassle is resting up afterwards, had an afternoon off doing nowt but no pain, can’t remember even having a headache or taking an aspirin.

I had clear vision for 1 minute after then very sore gritty eyes after meaning I couldn't open them for about 8 hours. Kept trying and it kept hurting. Tried again and boom, no pain and eyeballs of a champion.

I also paid interest free over 4 years and once you calculate how much per month you were spending on contact lenses, plus I needed new glasses, it was more affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any recommendations for national companies, I live near southampton so NE ones are out.

I have to wear different gasses for reading, so it’s a real pain having to carry two different pairs around. I also work outside, pissed off with either foggy or wet lenses at this time of year.

I went with Optical Express, few years ago but they were fine, actually had the operation at Lakeside shopping centre Thurrock.

So apart from someone being blind in one eye, another seeing black dots all the time, losing your night vision, not being able to see for 8 hours, and the smell of scorching, there's fuck all to worry about?

Class
Looking on the bright side, you can see the bright side without a life farting on with specs, contacts

Can't actually feel the laser at all, the clamps to keep your peepers open can be a bit uncomfortable mind. All over in 5-10 minutes.

I had clear vision for 1 minute after then very sore gritty eyes after meaning I couldn't open them for about 8 hours. Kept trying and it kept hurting. Tried again and boom, no pain and eyeballs of a champion.

The not being able to open your eyes very well afterwards is a bugger

You need someone to look after you for a bit.

Within
Fosters.

How much?

About £2.1k, £400 upfront and £1.7k to pay over ten months, interest free.

If having laser eye surgery how long does it last for ?
No one knows.

Thick lad at work had his done because he got sick of carrying round specs for driving, tv, watching the match etc. Now he carries specs around for reading!
I've blind family member experience and wouldn't have it done if I was paid £100k per eye.

No one knows.

Thick lad at work had his done because he got sick of carrying round specs for driving, tv, watching the match etc. Now he carries specs around for reading!
I've blind family member experience and wouldn't have it done if I was paid £100k per eye.

He had laser eye surgery that caused him to become near-sighted? How old was he when he had it and how old is he now?

He had laser eye surgery that caused him to become near-sighted? How old was he when he had it and how old is he now?
Early 50s. He had to get the reading specs within a few weeks of the surgery. They'd warned him it may happen. A lot worse things could've happened.

Just get lenses man young frij. The lasses will be hoying themselves at you without geggs on man. I had to fling my lenses away as the non stop female attention was doing my nut in.

Back