Las Iguanas - Grub Recommendation

I’d suggest next time you fancy South American food in Newcastle then Chuchos is a must. Iguanas is owned by Cafe Rouge. It’s passable as a place but I once ate there and the ‘mexican Tacos’ were made with flour tortillas. 😫

Chuchos. Ah man the tacos are amazing. Their ‘Tacos Dorados De Pollo’ are the best mexican food I’ve ever tasted outside of Mexico. 3 tacos for £9.

Everything is made on site and fresh as fuck unlike Iguanas which is a bought in shop owned by big business. Seriously support small independents doing their own thing.

I’d suggest next time you fancy South American food in Newcastle then Chuchos is a must. Iguanas is owned by Cafe Rouge. It’s passable as a place but I once ate there and the ‘mexican Tacos’ were made with flour tortillas. 😫

Chuchos. Ah man the tacos are amazing. Their ‘Tacos Dorados De Pollo’ are the best mexican food I’ve ever tasted outside of Mexico. 3 tacos for £9.

Everything is made on site and fresh as fuck unlike Iguanas which is a bought in shop owned by big business. Seriously support small independents doing their own thing.
I'll give it a try.

Las iguanas. Literally in every new city centre development in England it seems. Depressing how every f***ing town is the same. Anyway food is actually half decent as you say despite the rant :lol:

Byker or Jesmond?

I've never been but will try.

Iguanas was awful but only had snacks at bar.

You need to go to La Casa in Grainger Market. Wine and meat and cheese platter is amazing.

Was in the one in York a few weeks back and the bait looked shite

To be honest I go into any of these las iguanas, cafe rouge, chimichanga, zizzi’s etc with the lowest of expectations. You know that most of it is made elsewhere in some
central kitchen and shipped in. It’s horrendous anarl that these chains, plus bar chains like all bar one, pitcher and piano, brewdog, spoons etc, then your coffee shops of costa and Starbucks on every corner make up most of the city high streets in England. Honestly Sunderland should be thankful it can’t even seem to attract most of these to be honest :lol:

Went to this place in Newcastle recently and the food was gorgeous -
Been a few times, really nice food. We have cineworld cards so get discount too which makes it even better.

Byker or Jesmond?

I've never been but will try.

Iguanas was awful but only had snacks at bar.

You need to go to La Casa in Grainger Market. Wine and meat and cheese platter is amazing.
Either. They’re both as good as one another. I’ve just got a few tacos on the way home. Try the dorados. They’re superb.

I go in La Casa all the time. You tried his mates wines? Brilliant like. Small batch and unusual.
Was in the one in York a few weeks back and the bait looked shite
It’s sort of like ‘extra special’ supermarket ready meals.

Last edited:

Bario comida opening soon in Durham if you’re a fan of Mexican

Last edited:

Back