Laptops

This is one of things that causes duality of thinking.

On one hand, I've worked hard all my life to get to a place that I can afford decent things. Laptops, tablets, good internet connections for me and my kids. Seeing those who have wasted every chance get free laptops stings a bit.

But then I remember its not the kids' fault for their parents choices.

I work in East London. Our LA had 8000 eligoble pupils, but were only promised 2000. If all of those are delivered then no doubt some would say that a 100% rate is fantastic, but in reality, its only 25%.

In my particular school we had 12 children approved to receive them. None did.

It's a farce, but then it'll be the schools' fault according to the same folk on here.

It's never the governments fault.
😂😂

You pressed the continue reading bit?

Yep

This article doesn’t take into account the following:

1) It was up to the LAs and Trusts to apply for laptops

2) Although 500,000+ kids were eligible, the LAs and Trusts often allowed only one per household which is reasonable but does mean that the Government were never going to deliver to every child who qualified.

3) 90% of the stock ordered and promised had been delivered by the start of May (I believe) and if this wasn’t passed on to the kids, this is the fault of the LAs and Trusts who were responsible for local distribution.

Yep

This article doesn’t take into account the following:

1) It was up to the LAs and Trusts to apply for laptops

2) Although 500,000+ kids were eligible, the LAs and Trusts often allowed only one per household which is reasonable but does mean that the Government were never going to deliver to every child who qualified.

3) 90% of the stock ordered and promised had been delivered by the start of May (I believe) and if this wasn’t passed on to the kids, this is the fault of the LAs and Trusts who were responsible for local distribution.

Then again you would say that being one of Boris's ( I haven't put a foot wrong during the pandemic) disciplines.

😂

Why do people assume that those of us who can see the Tories for the lying, nest-lining bastards that they are are automatically Labour supporters?

Also, I don't even know who my dad votes for.
They need something to feel vindicated for voting Tory. They must be fuming at all their taxpayer money they've funnelled away to their already rich mates.

Back