Laptop or tablet

• Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Full HD screen
vs
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Full HD touchscreen
So its pretty evens on spec really - they're both IPS screens too, Passmark CPU scores:

AMD: 7179 (single core score: 1991)
Intel: 7959 (single core score: 2399)

So clearly, for CPU grunt the Intel wins out by about 10%.
The AMD will be better for anything that requires graphics performance though - so photoshop, video editting, any gaming (it'll run as a low-end gaming machine -Ryzen is great for that).

Bit bonkers limiting yourself to HP though. I've got nothing against HP laptops at all (got one sat right next to me), but they're not superior to other brands like Lenovo.

In short, both of the laptops you're looking at are canny. You might find they come pre-loaded with a load of shite that slows them down though, HP are terrible for that.

Aye. I've said that to her about limiting it to HP but she is determined. I'll probably advise her to go for the AMD. Cheers.

I ordered the cheaper one about an hour ago... Get the watch and bag thrown in too
I've not used the watch yet. Got a fitbit already. Might gift it to someone. Not used the Wifi dongle either. Hotspotting the kids seems to be working fine for me at the moment. Mouse is nice though.

It's been fine.. used it for a couple of teams calls with no issue

Not really done any proper work on it
Log on to work from mine now and again to update the odd powerpoint or something if I can't be arsed getting my work one from the loft. Else it'll do little more than browsing. Might do some photo editing some time if I get around to it again. No time though.

Log on to work from mine now and again to update the odd powerpoint or something if I can't be arsed getting my work one from the loft. Else it'll do little more than browsing. Might do some photo editing some time if I get around to it again. No time though.

I've done some timesheets and downloaded a honda outboard manual.. about as much

Back