Laptop help (again)

ATS

Striker
I need a new laptop for my son's 13th birthday in a couple of weeks time and (as I'm female)! I don't have the foggies idea what I am looking for. I know there have been loads of laptop threads on here before but looking through them most of the ones people recommended are are now out of stock.

I only have about £450 max to spend, he would prefer 15.6" screen with Windows 10 (it has to be a laptop, not a Chromebook or Macbook). He would only use it for school work, youtube and basic games so doesn't have to be anything special but would prefer someone who has a clue to recommend me one that's not crap 😄.

This one would be good for schoolwork and streaming video, it has a 1080p resolution too. I used a laptop with a similar spec for web development. Depending on the types of games being played the gpu may not be able to handle it. This is slightly over £450 but will probably be best value for money.

This one would be good for schoolwork and streaming video, it has a 1080p resolution too. I used a laptop with a similar spec for web development. Depending on the types of games being played the gpu may not be able to handle it. This is slightly over £450 but will probably be best value for money.

Thank you very much for your help, it's only £9 over, think I can stretch to that ☺️.

Thank you very much for your help, it's only £9 over, think I can stretch to that ☺️.
You're welcome. I mentioned it was slightly over because of a mountain biking group I am part of people say their budget and then recommendations come in hundreds over the budget given. I second Hettonlass and to go into the shop and have a feel of it and they may have more information on what games it could play. Some shops may even have better specced laptops for a similar price in the store but not on the website.

Laptops Direct often have deals on stuff they want to get shifted. Had some excellent deals on bits of kit from them over the years.

The word ‘download’ under adult material at that age was a minefield for a laptop!

moral of the story, invest in anti virus, trust me.

Back