Lappy's Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Boy Harry

Striker
Couldnt make Lappy's funeral this morning as I had a couple of meetings but popped into The Moulders Arms on my way back home which is where the Wake was.

Got to meet Lappy's best mate George and also one of his sisters Susan (he was one of 6 kids).

His sister was moved to tears when I told her of the £700 or so that had been collected for Macmillan Nurses through our members on here. Neither Susan or George could believe the generosity of RTG.

I also got prermission to contact SAFC and ask for something to be placed in the programme.

There was a funeral card produced for his death with a picture of Sean on the front. On the reverse were the words of a song he wrote. Not sure if its seemly to post the images or not. I guess if a page is set up for members who have died that may be a fitting tribute.

When I told George about the Board one of his comments was "i bet you all got into some arguments with him". I just smiled.

Can i just say MBH that it was good of you to take time out of your day to go and have a drink to Lappy ( especially when you consider the percieved animosity between you two).

I'm sure he will be having a laugh at all the fuss!

Can i just say MBH that it was good of you to take time out of your day to go and have a drink to Lappy ( especially when you consider the percieved animosity between you two).

concurred... as much as they fought its obvious mbh and and Lappy held mutual respect for each other.

Nice one MBH, cheers for that.

Regardless of whatever arguments take place on here, the SMB really is a community in itself and it is times like this that reminds us of that.

Concurred, top fella.

Couldnt make Lappy's funeral this morning as I had a couple of meetings but popped into The Moulders Arms on my way back home which is where the Wake was.

Got to meet Lappy's best mate George and also one of his sisters Susan (he was one of 6 kids).

His sister was moved to tears when I told her of the £700 or so that had been collected for Macmillan Nurses through our members on here. Neither Susan or George could believe the generosity of RTG.

I also got prermission to contact SAFC and ask for something to be placed in the programme.

There was a funeral card produced for his death with a picture of Sean on the front. On the reverse were the words of a song he wrote. Not sure if its seemly to post the images or not. I guess if a page is set up for members who have died that may be a fitting tribute.

When I told George about the Board one of his comments was "i bet you all got into some arguments with him". I just smiled.

Thanks, Paul. I phoned George on Wednesday and told him of the collection. He told me about The Moulders, but it was impossible for me to attend as I have no means of transport.

Great story that MBH.

Nice story mate... Genuinely... it's amazing how involved you can feel in the lives of people you've never met... my membership length on this ID doesn't tell the full story for me... been a member since 2002 but lost my old login details... I have had a few battles with Lappy too down the years and although I rarely agreed with him, I always respected him and his knowledge of all things SAFC... I always got the feeling that even though your battles with him got very heated, very regularly, there was always a mutual respect between you two... this confirms it... thanks for taking the time to do the right thing... you're a good egg... as was he... ;)

obviously I never knew the bloke but can't help thinking he'd hate the Moulders with it's pub grub, bad pastel coloured Pringle jumpers tied around shoulders and white loafers

good craic popping in though MBH

TBH it was a bit of a humbling experience. After the stand up cyber bar brawls that we had I'm pleased I took time out to meet someone who knew him.

His sister was a lovely woman and George his mate was just an ordinary kinda North East bloke.

I'll e-mail Rob at SAFC this weekend and hopefully get something in the programme in a fortnight or whenever. I've also got his sisters details to send her a copy.

Bit of an end of an era for me on here. I obviously did think something of him after all. RIP Lappy. One day mate we'll hopefully meet again and wherever it is you can clear the floor in anticipation of no doubt another instalment of our bar brawls. ;)

Well done MBH for taking the time to pop into the pub and have a drink in Lappy's memory and for the way you have genuinely expressed sorrow at Lappy's untimely passing away & put aside your very obvious (cyber) differences with Lappy in these sad, last few days. I'd like to think that Lappy would also have been big, and genuine enough to do the same if the situation was reversed.
As is so very obvious now to all of us on here, Life is just too short to be holding grudges & personal vendettas, as you just never know what's around the corner. (Apologies if that statement sounds like a well worn cliche)
Much Respect, Paul. :cool:

After years of pretending that Murray was useless, just so he could have a good argument, MBH needs a new arch-nemesis, how about taking on WHED by saying that Quinny is just out to fleece the club? Might be an uneven contest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back