Lapland with the bairns

Went a couple of years ago for the day. The indoor stuff was the same as everywhere else, but the outside stuff (skido, husky sled, reindeer slid etc) was excellent. My daughter was about 6 and absolutely loved it, and wanted to go back.

anyone done it, thoughts...and would it be too much for a 4 year old, the eldest would be fine

fancy booking it next year cos i want to see the real santa in his proper home not some f***ing tinpot shed in peterlee

actually i want to go on one one of them dog sleds and a snowmobile but aye anyway.
I’ve been for the 4 night trip, well worth the money as it’s a once in a lifetime experience. Don’t go full board though, the food is terrible in the hotels, generic buffet shite. We stayed in self catering log cabins and didn’t regret it, the reindeer burgers and pies in the local pubs were amazing.

Another tip, don’t book with Tui as the trips are just taster sessions. We booked through Dreams of Lapland, affiliated with Hays Travel, they can book all your trips and they are full sessions.

Lapland holidays as you always wished they could be.......
FREE & Half price child places still available on the following 2019 departures
✈️Bristol Friday 22nd November - FREE CHIL PLACE
✈️Stansted Monday 25th November - FREE CHILD PLACE
✈️Humberside Friday 29th November - Half Price Child Place
✈️Leeds Bradford Friday 6th December - Half Price Child Place
✈️Birmingham Sunday 8th December - Half Price Child Place
✈️Belfast Monday 9th December - FREE CHIL PLACE
✈️Glasgow Friday 13th December – Half Price Child Place
✈️Birmingham Monday 16th December - Half Price Child Place
✈️Manchester Monday 16th December – FREE CHILD PLACE
✈️East Midlands Wednesday 18th December - Half Price Child Place
✈️Bristol Friday 27th December - Half Price Child Place

We went to Snowy wilderness lodge, in the middle of nowhere in Lapland. I too thought beforehand it was a rip off, paid about 3k for the 3 of us for 3 nights, arriving home on Christmas eve. However, it was absolutely brilliant and I'd pay it again. Taster sessions for dog sled, snow mobiles, everything was included, loads of other activities. Full board, all drink and food included and all the staff (elves) were in character constantly. Even when the kids weren't around I tried having a conversation with one about where they were from and got some crazy response about being from the gumdrop forest and having crossed the egg nog sea and surviving on cookies for a week. Fantastic.

Back