Lanzoprazole, the saviour of Christmas

Prescription only mind, just tell the doc you’re getting heartburn and it’s the first thing they prescribe. Handy to keep in as I say.
Just buy it over the counter when you go abroad and stock up, should be over the counter here too imo

Agreed. Would take a lot of workload off the docs.
Tesco and Asda have PPI'S on the shelf alongside Gaviscon etc.Iv'e been taking them for about 10 years but always buy some and go to 2 a day at Christmas and when on holidays when my symptoms play up due to over indulgence.

Tesco and Asda have PPI'S on the shelf alongside Gaviscon etc.Iv'e been taking them for about 10 years but always buy some and go to 2 a day at Christmas and when on holidays when my symptoms play up due to over indulgence.
I noticed them in Superdrug the other day, first time I’ve ever seen them OTT. Any idea when this happened?

Been on PPI’s for 8-9 years. Was on Lansoprazole, but it gave me the shits, so was switched to Omeprazole, which gave me night sweats, so now on Pantoprazole (40mg daily) for 6-7 years. Take it first thing on a morning and works for the most part, but do still occasionally get acid reflux…sometimes it ruins me for days.

Been on PPI’s for 8-9 years. Was on Lansoprazole, but it gave me the shits, so was switched to Omeprazole, which gave me night sweats, so now on Pantoprazole (40mg daily) for 6-7 years. Take it first thing on a morning and works for the most part, but do still occasionally get acid reflux…sometimes it ruins me for days.
Certain beers tend to get through my lansoprazole shield like.

I had really bad acid reflux a few years ago which Esomeprazole (in the form on Nexium) fixed instantly. Don't take it regularly now but always like to have a box or two in the cupboard for when it flares up again. Popping one before or after a big meal or night out helps.

I've been buying off Amazon as it has typically been cheaper than the supermarkets though I've recently switched to Guardium which is cheaper with the same active ingredient and I haven't noticed any difference.

I had really bad acid reflux a few years ago which Esomeprazole (in the form on Nexium) fixed instantly. Don't take it regularly now but always like to have a box or two in the cupboard for when it flares up again. Popping one before or after a big meal or night out helps.

I've been buying off Amazon as it has typically been cheaper than the supermarkets though I've recently switched to Guardium which is cheaper with the same active ingredient and I haven't noticed any difference.
How much are you paying? I got 14 x generic esomeprazole 20mg for £6.49 from the local pharmacy. Even cheaper here Perrigo Heartburn & Acid Reflux Control 20mg 14 Capsules

Last edited:
How much are you paying? I got 14 x generic esomeprazole 20mg for £6.49 from the local pharmacy. Even cheaper here Perrigo Heartburn & Acid Reflux Control 20mg 14 Capsules

Branded 14 x 20mg esomeprazole is typically £9-something on Amazon with a subscription. I hadn't thought about using online pharmacies but I'd have no problem using generics. I've still got a couple of boxes but I'll try your link (or similar) next time I need to stock up.

Milk is generally enough to put any fire out for me, but when it isn't, 1 x 10mg Omeprazole tablet does it. After being hospitalised for a month with pneumonia, a chest consultant told me in his experience I'd probably need Omeprazole in the future so they gave me a repeat prescription for it.

Back