Lanzoprazole, the saviour of Christmas

It can screw up your sodium level, I only use it when needed.
Hyponatraemia is a rare adverse event from PPIs and when it does occur is in patients on long term therapy. GPs initiating long term should also be providing some form of supplementation to prevent it and other electrolytes levels from dropping.

Hyponatraemia is a rare adverse event from PPIs and when it does occur is in patients on long term therapy. GPs initiating long term should also be providing some form of supplementation to prevent it and other electrolytes levels from dropping.
My sodium level is naturally low to start with.

After ten plus years, I managed to get off the ppis thankfully.
Lot of effort and major diet change.

Still had a few over Xmas mind.

Christ I've just read up on that.

Logon or register to see this image

Just one left now I've checked, thankfully :lol:
as mentioned though, its not the drug itself, it was something it was routinely mixed with in packaging. Still though, not ideal.

I honestly don't have a great feeling about taking any drugs every single day of my life. Which is why I was so keen to get off these PPIs in general. Still can't believe that the diet change worked so well.

as mentioned though, its not the drug itself, it was something it was routinely mixed with in packaging. Still though, not ideal.

I honestly don't have a great feeling about taking any drugs every single day of my life. Which is why I was so keen to get off these PPIs in general. Still can't believe that the diet change worked so well.
I take a ranitidine or lanzop maybe once a fortnight when the gut is giving me grief. Would also be uncomfortable with daily meds at my tender age.

Back