Lanzarote

I spent a couple of nights there with work in December a few years ago and it was pretty quiet. Dead cheap though. Didn’t see much of the island during the day but on a night it seemed alright.

Playa Blanco is what she mentioned , but she’s back on the idea of benalmadena or feungirola on the costa Del sol. We were in benalmadena last week - half the hotel were mackems

If you can go at any time of the year get your flights thru Ryanair (ie look for cheap flights - there are plenty outwith school hols). Went in Jan got me flights for £40 return.

Book accom separately. Plenty of apartments to rent. Look at Owners Abroad.

Keep off the package deals IMO.

Also if you stay in Puerto del Carmen it's very close to the airport. Playa Blanca is nice but 40 mins from airport

Kin hell, you get you money back from travel operator, sounds like your gaff was absolutely lifting.:eek:
I thought even the cheapest most minging gaff would be fine.
notified hotel of situation and they simply gave us a spray.
rep couldnt get us moved as height of season and zilch available. horrible experience, wasnt just hotel, streets were crawling with them, huge bstards anarl...never been back to Canaries since...

notified hotel of situation and they simply gave us a spray.
rep couldnt get us moved as height of season and zilch available. horrible experience, wasnt just hotel, streets were crawling with them, huge bstards anarl...never been back to Canaries since...
:D:D Hard to bear
Get the hotel like but resort seems weird like.

Once had a huge one in room in furtervwntura that f***ing freaked me out but nee where else in canaries like.

We are going in two weeks, got a girl almost 16 and a lad almost 10 with us too. Never been before like. TBH we are not arsed about seeing stuff and will spend most days round the pool. There's a zoo and a water park on our list but that will be it, and the beach.

Apparently there are some caves that are great. The bairn told me when she went.

It’s always breezy in Costa Teguise! Stayed there last June, fantastic hotel (adults only) but a week of 20+mph winds spoiled it a bit.

Just returned from Costa Teguise two weeks ago. This is the second year on the bounce I've been to Lanzarote (mainly because I left it to the last minute to book).

I like the place. Hot with a gentle breeze. Its not the most attractive island being volcanic. The beaches are rocky.
Costa Teguise is a 20 Euro taxi from the airport so good for transfers.

Personally I am a fan of Majorca (or any of the balearic islands).

Went back in 2013, wouldnt go again.

Its windy as hell, anything that wasn't nailed down around the pool got blew away. Our hotel was crap that didn't help mind, all inclusive shite. Crap food, crap drink and if you didn't que up for a sun lounger at 7.30am you didn't get one at all.

We went to Costa Teguise, there was a few restaurants and bars by the beach that were canny but we wont be going back.

I think its worth paying a bit extra and going somewhere you actually want to go.

has anyone on here been to lanzarote ? My other half was looking for a holiday for next summer and Lanzarote keeps coming up the cheapest

Is it any good ? Is there much to do for kids , a 16 yr old and a 10 yr old or will we be left with grumpy faces again ? I’d prefer mainland Spain but it’s through the roof prices
Lanzagrotty. It's a f***ing shithole. I had a shite experience. Me mate recently had a shite experience. Karl Pilkington had a shite experience.

Go to Tenerife or Gran Canaria instead.

Back