Langham Tower

There's supposed to be a new person running the place. The owner apparently didn't fully update her on all of the problems though. It would seem she found out about them from the council.
Running as in a new manager?

Can only be a good thing surely.

A new manager is possibly a very good thing but I'm concerned that this is just another way of trying to get round the council and the Police. At one point they told the council that there was a misunderstanding between the manager and the owner about the direction the pub was going in. The owner wanted it to be a classy establishment playing only background music. The manager misunderstood. Yet it was the manager who passed on that message on to our residents association before they even opened.

Also they blamed the noise problem on a particular PA system they were using. They told the council and the Chronicle they had got rid of it and it wouldn't happen again. Yet it was just as bad that following weekend. They'd also apologized for the noise and said they didn't realize how bad it was for the local residents. Many of us went in and complained. It was impossible for them to be unaware of the issue. I trust them as far as I can throw the place.

A new manager is possibly a very good thing but I'm concerned that this is just another way of trying to get round the council and the Police. At one point they told the council that there was a misunderstanding between the manager and the owner about the direction the pub was going in. The owner wanted it to be a classy establishment playing only background music. The manager misunderstood. Yet it was the manager who passed on that message on to our residents association before they even opened.

Also they blamed the noise problem on a particular PA system they were using. They told the council and the Chronicle they had got rid of it and it wouldn't happen again. Yet it was just as bad that following weekend. They'd also apologized for the noise and said they didn't realize how bad it was for the local residents. Many of us went in and complained. It was impossible for them to be unaware of the issue. I trust them as far as I can throw the place.

The Chronicle? What the hell's it got to do with them?

A particular PA system? :lol:

What, like one that is turned up too high? :lol:

Absolute chancers.

Edit: and if they own or manage a venue and are having music of any kind, but particularly live musicians, if they don't have a half decent knowledge of sound engineering then they are truly and utterly up shit creek.

Last edited:

Absolute chancers.

Edit: and if they own or manage a venue and are having music of any kind, but particularly live musicians, if they don't have a half decent knowledge of sound engineering then they are truly and utterly up shit creek.
Yes indeed. Even the loudest PA system has a volume knob that can be turned down. It would appear their system was permanently turned up to 11.

Last edited:

Absolute chancers.

Sound like absolutely bereft of any sort if business acumen. Probably of the ilk who think selling a few bits of crap on Facebook makes you a business owner.

Sound like absolutely bereft of any sort if business acumen. Probably of the ilk who think selling a few bits of crap on Facebook makes you a business owner.
They'll lose their business. Just like the last one that miraculously burned down when they were doing a clearance sale as per the comment earlier in the thread if that is true.

Great venue but owners are either clueless or doing it on the cheap ,sax playing along to rave backing so 1980s ,get some good acoustic lads on ,
Loads of complaints about the service being so slow, get a better system in place or experienced bar staff, and lovely grounds for a wedding shoot but now there are old fashioned picnic tables on a bit tarmac and a few pallets painted yellow/ blue as seats ,it cheapens the surroundings imho.

They are very loud tonight. Not as bad as they've been on some of the weekends but definitely louder than they should be given that they have a noise abatement notice against them. I've never heard it so loud on a weekday.

Great venue but owners are either clueless or doing it on the cheap ,sax playing along to rave backing so 1980s ,get some good acoustic lads on ,
Loads of complaints about the service being so slow, get a better system in place or experienced bar staff, and lovely grounds for a wedding shoot but now there are old fashioned picnic tables on a bit tarmac and a few pallets painted yellow/ blue as seats ,it cheapens the surroundings imho.
Sax is just not on like. Not the way they do it. Get some vivaldi on to drum n bass

Back