Lammy get's his way

Directly because of David Lammy I didn’t make any donations to comic relief last time. Wonder how much in total he has cost charity.

I'm honestly baffled that you didn't give money to a good cause that you clearly believe in because it didn't have enough white celebrities making the video clips (although there were plenty of white celebrities involved in the rest of the show)

How many white celebrities would you like to be involved in order for you to start giving money again?

I get that, but to be fair you're not starving and desperate for funds which in some cases lead to protects which help you to sustain yourself in the future (wells for safe drinking water etc). I think the people who may need the aid are the best placed to decide whether they think the ends justify the means, not a load of well fed, perfectly content white blokes over here
I'm sure your money gets well used.

I think there's a lot of people in Africa who would seriously disagree with you
I'm sure there are many who will agree.

Certainly better ways to help them, better trade deals for example. However the EU is rather protectionist and won't want to damage our own industries, so we'll continue to offer them unfavourable trade deals, and not allow them to develop.
Maybe not lend governments money to waste would be a decent idea. Then they wouldn't have to send billions out in interest.

Last edited:
I'm sure your money gets well used.

To be honest I don't normally donate to it! I've got a few charities that I give to monthly, if I do extra it'll just normally be for sometimes just giving or whatever. Still think these fund raisers seem to do a decent job, they get people who don't normally donate to do so, and it seems like at least some of the money is well used!

To be honest I don't normally donate to it! I've got a few charities that I give to monthly, if I do extra it'll just normally be for sometimes just giving or whatever. Still think these fund raisers seem to do a decent job, they get people who don't normally donate to do so, and it seems like at least some of the money is well used!
I'm dubious about the tv telethon. But if it is decent entertainment and some people get some money then I'm not going to stop them.

I nivver watch now or donate cos I’ve nivver seen owt funny on it. I’ve a couple of other charities I donate to.

I’d imagine the celebs are ower the moon. They’ve been scared to say no for a long long time now if asked to do owt. Of course they’d nivver admit it.

Last edited:
I'm honestly baffled that you didn't give money to a good cause that you clearly believe in because it didn't have enough white celebrities making the video clips (although there were plenty of white celebrities involved in the rest of the show)

How many white celebrities would you like to be involved in order for you to start giving money again?

I had no issues with the ethnicity of anyone taking part. What I do have an issue with is someone making people giving charitable donations into a race issue, having said that though he does do that with anything he can

I'm fed up with the BBC's positive discrimination. Despite black people making up only 16% of the UK population every second or third face presenting on the BBC is black. Almost all BBC promotional music is of black derivation, see advert for women's world cup for example.

It's beyond a joke. I have no axe to grind with black people but this pushing of their agenda is embarrassing.

Lenny Henry doesn’t like this

:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't remember the last time I disagreed so much with things someone was saying.

I mean the shit fountain spouting from her just would not stop for nothing.

Great find mate :lol:
To be fair, though I disagreed with a few of the things she said (probably have degrees, dead language and speaking slower doesn't help), I didn't disagree with the core of her argument - i.e. that people who don't speak perfect English aren't necessarily unintelligent.

I'm fed up with the BBC's positive discrimination. Despite black people making up only 16% of the UK population every second or third face presenting on the BBC is black. Almost all BBC promotional music is of black derivation, see advert for women's world cup for example.

It's beyond a joke. I have no axe to grind with black people but this pushing of their agenda is embarrassing.
16%? You could probably divide that by 5.

To be fair, though I disagreed with a few of the things she said (probably have degrees, dead language and speaking slower doesn't help), I didn't disagree with the core of her argument - i.e. that people who don't speak perfect English aren't necessarily unintelligent.

16%? You could probably divide that by 5.
I disagree with her need to say it. Have you ever heard anyone say if you can't speak English that means you aren't intelligent?

I disagree with her need to say it. Have you ever heard anyone say if you can't speak English that means you aren't intelligent?
Well, not in so many words, but poor grammar, for example, will sometimes get you mocked.

I've far more sympathy with her argument than the black emoji one. No doubt if we all stop using black emojis it'll be seen as an example of racism or white privilege. "Look at all the gifs and emojis in your skin colour, theres hardly any in mine."

Well, not in so many words, but poor grammar, for example, will sometimes get you mocked.

I've far more sympathy with her argument than the black emoji one. No doubt if we all stop using black emojis it'll be seen as an example of racism or white privilege. "Look at all the gifs and emojis in your skin colour, theres hardly any in mine."
Well people imitate people's funny accents or slang or lack of grammar all the time. That's not just with people from other countries either it's with people from other regions.

And tbf there is a level to which it should be mocked. Only a level but if you're English but insist on not even attempting to anglacise your speech say in the office space I'm going to roll my eyes in condescension. I wouldn't say to my boss I divvent nar for example. But foreigners who can't speak perfect English I mean..... I don't know anyone who would think that makes them unintelligent.

You?

Back