Lammy get's his way

Maybe, but again on a programme specifically trying to get people to donate to those in need, there's kind of a requirement to show the poverty side of it. I agree that other programmes should focus on a different narrative, but this one is about maximising donations and bottom line is it'll do that by pulling at the heartstrings and showing the worst, poorest, most in need side of Africa that it can
Maybe Africa doesn't need Comic Relief. I'm not sure it does.
I've never liked the thing.

That's what I don't get about this whole cultural appropriation thing. I might just misunderstand it but as an example I've always thought of fish and chip shops as being quite traditional in our culture. The one nearest my lasses house is ran by Asians. Now, obviously, I've got no issue with that, they've decided a fish and chip shop might be a good business, fair play to them. But should I be offended by it? Are they guilty of "cultural appropriation" or are they simply running a fish and chip shop, if anything demonstrating integration? I mean, I think afros tend to look daft on white people, but unless they're doing it with the intention to offend I genuinely don't see the issue.
Well that's the problem @Keawyeds had, you're approaching this a if it is a logical problem that can be solved, as if this grievance is genuine.

It isn't in any way, shape or form. It's people who want to act offended in order to get virtue signalling points.

What's sad is that the power and absurdity that political correctness has become so that many people have the reaction of "let them get on with it" or "let's try and help alleviate this" as opposed to the obvious answer which is.... this is not a problem, shut the fuck up.

Well that's the problem @Keawyeds had, you're approaching this a if it is a logical problem that can be solved, as if this grievance is genuine.

It isn't in any way, shape or form. It's people who want to act offended in order to get virtue signalling points.

What's sad is that the power and absurdity that political correctness has become so that many people have the reaction of "let them get on with it" or "let's try and help alleviate this" as opposed to the obvious answer which is.... this is not a problem, shut the fuck up.

So long as I still get to wear my kilt (not that I have in ages), I'm happy.

So long as I still get to wear my kilt (not that I have in ages), I'm happy.
And if a scottish person said that's cultural appropriation everyone would roll their eyes, but when it's a person who's ethnicity or culture could be deemed not white or western we have to pretend like these people might have a legitimate grievance.

It's the soft bigotry of low expectations tbh.

And if a scottish person said that's cultural appropriation everyone would roll their eyes, but when it's a person who's ethnicity or culture could be deemed not white or western we have to pretend like these people might have a legitimate grievance.

It's the soft bigotry of low expectations tbh.

Well according to Ancestry.co.uk I have Scottish ancestry so I'll take that. My family has a Scottish clan badge too so I'm safe

:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't remember the last time I disagreed so much with things someone was saying.

I mean the shit fountain spouting from her just would not stop for nothing.

Great find mate :lol:

Well according to Ancestry.co.uk I have Scottish ancestry so I'll take that. My family has a Scottish clan badge too so I'm safe
We're all originally from africa and are all distantly related, but again you're applying logic to this....

:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't remember the last time I disagreed so much with things someone was saying.

I mean the shit fountain spouting from her just would not stop for nothing.

Great find mate :lol:

We're all originally from africa and are all distantly related, but again you're applying logic to this....
I think I disagree but couldn't understand her z

Maybe. In that case I'm sure leaders in Africa are quite capable of saying "cheers lads and lasses but we don't need any more aid". Mind I know there's quite a few bits of Africa that do need and welcome support. Maybe CR isn't the best way to do it, but it certainly raises a lot from people who might not otherwise have bothered

Maybe. In that case I'm sure leaders in Africa are quite capable of saying "cheers lads and lasses but we don't need any more aid". Mind I know there's quite a few bits of Africa that do need and welcome support. Maybe CR isn't the best way to do it, but it certainly raises a lot from people who might not otherwise have bothered
I just think the portrayal of the continent is negative on these programmes and I'm not sure then end justifies the means.

Can’t stand Lammy, has a massive f***ing chip on his shoulder and a total tit. Scream’s racism at every corner. :rolleyes:

Certainly better ways to help them, better trade deals for example. However the EU is rather protectionist and won't want to damage our own industries, so we'll continue to offer them unfavourable trade deals, and not allow them to develop.

Certainly better ways to help them, better trade deals for example. However the EU is rather protectionist and won't want to damage our own industries, so we'll continue to offer them unfavourable trade deals, and not allow them to develop.

I'm guessing when we asked people to "Invest in Africa" on our shirts, not many took us up on the opportunity?

I just think the portrayal of the continent is negative on these programmes and I'm not sure then end justifies the means.

I get that, but to be fair you're not starving and desperate for funds which in some cases lead to protects which help you to sustain yourself in the future (wells for safe drinking water etc). I think the people who may need the aid are the best placed to decide whether they think the ends justify the means, not a load of well fed, perfectly content white blokes over here

Back