Lammy get's his way

I usually think he's spot on with a lot of things he says, but I think he may have been somewhat off the mark with his Comic Relief post.
I work in the charity sector so it's sparked a bit of a debate.
One of my points about CR is that it helps a lot of people at home, but also a lot of people in Africa, where shock horror - they are predominantly black. We are a multicultural island with people of all skin tones, but predominantly it's white. It's a geographical thing more than anything else. It just so happens that many celebrities are also white and so have ended up going out to CR projects.
I'm pretty sure a large section of the programme was hosted by Rochelle and Marvin Hulmes last year. Does that count?

Wasn't his point that the coverage is always depicting Africa as a useless, poverty stricken, corrupt and deserving of handouts type of place. It is always lovely, clean, fresh well meaning white folks who are patronisingly spreading the message.

He may have a point. The Metropolitan elite are the racists.

However, having a go at your average punter in the UK for being racist, he can fuck off. Don't tar us all with the same brush, we are a canny bunch of lads (and lasses)

That's a ****'s trick. Blaming one's inaction on donating to a worthy cause on one man, and then trying to make that decision look virtuous.

It's his money you sad twat.

Last edited:
Next time he'll be complaining that there's no money coming in to cr cos everyone is racist. Imagine a country where most people are white having mostly white celebrities! Must be racism.

No it’s not. I pretty much got called a racist for donating to comic relief by one of the most high profile racially divisive men in the UK.
You are the epitome of a snowflake.

Wasn't his point that the coverage is always depicting Africa as a useless, poverty stricken, corrupt and deserving of handouts type of place. It is always lovely, clean, fresh well meaning white folks who are patronisingly spreading the message.

He may have a point. The Metropolitan elite are the racists.

However, having a go at your average punter in the UK for being racist, he can fuck off. Don't tar us all with the same brush, we are a canny bunch of lads (and lasses)

It's his money you sad twat.
I never said it wasn't. I don't donate to loads of charities, but I don't come on here whingeing about why.

Last edited:
I'm pointing the finger squarely at Austerity and Brexit for that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never said it wasn't. I don't donate to loads of charities, but I don't come on here whingeing about why.

It's a messageboard, he is allowed his opinion. If people of African descent are moaning about it then he is perfectly in his right to keep his money in his pocket. Cannot believe I'm defending @duff_man :lol:

Last edited:
I will always make a donation of £20, the kids take a fiver into school each and then will generally throw a couple of quid into any collections.
And it's Lammy who's made you stop doing it.

So in a way the labour party is making working class people wealthier... by about £35 every 2 years :lol:

What's this? :eek:

Western people are more prone to cultural appropriation. Because they live in diverse societies where lots of migrants move to and have wealth to invest themselves in elements of other cultures.

What exactly is cultural appropriation and why is it considered reprehensible by the cultures from whom the appropriation has taken place? Black people ranting about white people wearing Afro hairstyles? Is it wrong for white people to wear traditional African jewellery? Why are they offended? Surely a copying of a particular culture is a gesture of appreciation and admiration!

IMHO it is just one more way for the race card and victimhood to be played. It's as boring as hell.

You are the epitome of a snowflake.

A snowflake? I usually get called facist so that is a rather dramatic switch.

I am not whinging about donating to charity, I am however quite selective of which charities get my money.

What exactly is cultural appropriation and why is it considered reprehensible by the cultures from whom the appropriation has taken place? Black people ranting about white people wearing Afro hairstyles? Is it wrong for white people to wear traditional African jewellery? Why are they offended? Surely a copying of a particular culture is a gesture of appreciation and admiration!

IMHO it is just one more way for the race card and victimhood to be played. It's as boring as hell.
Imagine telling africans they can't wear suits, they can't play football and they can't drive cars :lol:

Or wear wristwatches, drink beer, watch TV, go to the pub............
They can have a beer, egyptians were doing that before anyone else I believe.

But they have to brew it the old fashioned way in a clay pot. If I see any of them using modern hydraulic systems or electricity I will be livid!

Although we have to make do with wine and cider.

Back