Lammy get's his way

Keeping the dead language alive :cool:

I am mate. I'm an English teacher teaching Johnny Foreigner our beautiful lingo with a Mackem accent. :cool:

Reading the comments apparently dead means lame in London speak. Aye because everyone outside of London knows that. Poor by the BBC imo and it annoyed me. Tbf I only watched it as it was posted on here.

I am mate. I'm an English teacher teaching Johnny Foreigner our beautiful lingo with a Mackem accent. :cool:

Reading the comments apparently dead means lame in London speak. Aye because everyone outside of London knows that. Poor by the BBC imo and it annoyed me. Tbf I only watched it as it was posted on here.
As if it is a lame language anyway. Why on earth would anyone speak louder and slower so someone can understand then. Cos speaking faster and quieter always helps :rolleyes:

She cant even pronounce the word Language :lol:
Dead language mate. She's too busy learning Arabic... which according to her is hipster as fuck

I think you should just stick to wanking over the guardian.

Lammy’s comments didn’t make me feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

If the comments had been reversed and a white person made negative comments about a group of black people, would it be racism? You would’ve been choking on your lentils to shout how racist it was.

Ah sorry Duffy lad, you’ve made the classic mistake of using the traditional definition of racism that describes believing one’s own race to be superior to others.

What you need to do moving forward is use the definition that incorporates power structures; the one that has been created to ensure that people of colour cannot be racist and make whatever generalised statements about white people they like without fear.

Check your privilege, educate yourself and get woke.

David Lammy was absolutely correct to say what he did, this white saviour complex Western white folk seem to revel in is incredibly disgusting and patronising to the beautiful and amazing people of Africa who don’t need your faux pity money.

There is a media stereotype of Africa as some impoverished, decrepit land where people struggle to find adequate food and water to survive. I’m telling you now, that is US propaganda designed to keep capitalist states like The United States and Britain into positions of power amongst its citizens.

If you were to actually go to Africa you would see it is more akin to Wakanda from Black Panther which is based on the country we call Niger (you’ve probably never heard of it in your European-centric literature and it’s also a horrible ethnic slur). It really is an amazing place of culture, liberty and freedom and David is doing his best to educate the oppressors as much as he can. An impossible goal I might add.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Lammy was absolutely correct to say what he did, this white saviour complex Western white folk seem to revel in is incredibly disgusting and patronising to the beautiful and amazing people of Africa who don’t need your faux pity money.

There is a media stereotype of Africa as some impoverished, decrepit land where people struggle to find adequate food and water to survive. I’m telling you now, that is US propaganda designed to keep capitalist states like The United States and Britain into positions of power amongst its citizens.

If you were to actually go to Africa you would see it is more akin to Wakanda from Black Panther which is based on the country we call Niger (you’ve probably never heard of it in your European-centric literature and it’s also a horrible ethnic slur). It really is an amazing place of culture, liberty and freedom and David is doing his best to educate the oppressors as much as he can. An impossible goal I might add.
Shit fishing, bore off.

Back