Lammy get's his way

Wants scrapping imo. Twats like him going on like that over folk trying to help. It would be amazing if it was cancelled and the statement said ‘yeah Lammy has a point. Maybe we were trying to be something we’re not. From now on we won’t patronise people and we will desist from raising all those hundreds of millions. We’ve enjoyed it, thanks for your support and good luck in the future Africa.’
what about those adverts particularly on sky about African relief for cleft pallet or water sanitisation. I wonder if they have been hit at all and people stopped signing up for monthly donations

Daftie

I think you might be missing the point (on purpose?). Lammy doesn't edit himself or change his words for a white audience. That's what you need to get used to

I don’t need to get used to anything. He makes racist comments repeatedly and is always very quick to play the race card in any situation. Unfortunately in this case the only loser was comic relief to the tune of £8m.

I don’t need to get used to anything. He makes racist comments repeatedly and is always very quick to play the race card in any situation. Unfortunately in this case the only loser was comic relief to the tune of £8m.

Crazy talk

There is nothing racist about his comments. He just makes older white people uncomfortable because he talks honestly about race. He doesn't pull his punches to accomodate the sensitivities of socially conservative white people

Just because that makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't make it racist.

Are you actually laying the blame completely at Lammy's door for them not raising that £8M? In times of austerity, it's amazing they raised as much as they did

Crazy talk

There is nothing racist about his comments. He just makes older white people uncomfortable because he talks honestly about race. He doesn't pull his punches to accomodate the sensitivities of socially conservative white people

Just because that makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't make it racist.

It doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable at all but thanks for knowing how I feel.

Was this him talking honestly about race and not pulling punches to accommodate the sensitivities of socially conservative white people?

MP David Lammy apologises for BBC Pope race 'innuendo' claim MP retracts BBC Pope race slur claim

Are you actually laying the blame completely at Lammy's door for them not raising that £8M? In times of austerity, it's amazing they raised as much as they did

Not entirely. Are you suggesting that it had no effect at all on this years donations?

Was this him talking honestly about race and not pulling punches to accommodate the sensitivities of socially conservative white people?

MP David Lammy apologises for BBC Pope race 'innuendo' claim MP retracts BBC Pope race slur claim

Not entirely. Are you suggesting that it had no effect at all on this years donations?

Like I said before, the vast majority of funds are raised BEFORE the TV programme goes out. I'd have to ask Comic Relief what they think, but I think people have their own minds and support a cause they believe in, whether or not they think he has a point.

Like I said before, the vast majority of funds are raised BEFORE the TV programme goes out. I'd have to ask Comic Relief what they think, but I think people have their own minds and support a cause they believe in, whether or not they think he has a point.

You are probably right, there is no link between the two and donations to comic relief are falling by £8m every year due to austerity and not some ridiculous comments made by someone who has a track record of making wild claims of racism at every opportunity

You're losing all sense of reality

You are a white person accusing a black person of being racist towards you about comic relief, and this made you feel so uncomfortable that you stopped donating money to that charity in protest.

Take a deep breath and maybe have a little think about whether you might be ever so slightly over reacting?

You're losing all sense of reality

You are a white person accusing a black person of being racist towards you about comic relief, and this made you feel so uncomfortable that you stopped donating money to that charity in protest.

Take a deep breath and maybe have a little think about whether you might be ever so slightly over reacting?

I think you should just stick to wanking over the guardian.

Lammy’s comments didn’t make me feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

If the comments had been reversed and a white person made negative comments about a group of black people, would it be racism? You would’ve been choking on your lentils to shout how racist it was.

I think you should just stick to wanking over the guardian.

I read the FT, not the Guardian. And there is very little in the FT to have a wank over unless pages of stock prices make you horny

Lammy’s comments didn’t make me feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

You have been whinging about his comments for ages, so it's an easy mistake to make

If the comments had been reversed and a white person made negative comments about a group of black people, would it be racism? You would’ve been choking on your lentils to shout how racist it was.

Bur surely you are the one reversing the comments? You are the one arguing the exact opposite to Lammy.

You're really close to denouncing yourself as racist.

You did get one thing right mind, I do like lentils. Love a bowl of daal and chapati

Last edited:
I read the FT, not the Guardian. And there is very little in the FT to have a wank over unless pages of stock prices make you horny

You have been whinging about his comments for ages, so it's an easy mistake to make

Bur surely you are the one reversing the comments? You are the one arguing the exact opposite to Lammy.

You're really close to denouncing yourself as racist.

You did get one thing right mind, I do like lentils. Love a bowl of daal and chapati

What a load of bollocks.

Back