Laminate Flooring?

I’ve had carpet and laminate but the best is vinyl on a roll. My sitting room and hall have vinyl flooring and even though it’s seven years old it still looks brand new. I use furniture cups and felt under the heaviest furniture to protect it as it was expensive up front. I also use one of the hard plastic covers under the computer chair to prevent dust scratches from the chair wheels. It has much more warmth to it than laminate which is very cold underfoot.

Get a good thick backing on it and a good depth of pattern on the top and it should last for much longer than a carpet will.

Heres some links for samples and ideas. I used Franks to buy and fit it.

Floorboards look OK except where they were butchered to retrofit a wet radiator central heating system. (house was originally electric ceiling heating!)
As long as they are flat over a decent span and secure, just put a decent underlay down mate. Personally, I'd pop the skirting off and do it properly. It still expands and moves, and beading etc just looks shite

Aye good quote from them. But, they don't do the edging on the runner. I've got someone who can but they are closed through lockdown. So will probably use the place I've found online.
Have you tried Rennisons Carpets on Chester Road opposite the Chesters for the edging, done one for us but not sure if open through lockdown.

Now that doesn't seem too bad.
I've just managed to source something very similar to what they have quoted for at around £700. Max £200 for fitting. I really would like to shop local but when you get these sort of quotes but can shop online and pay less than half it's not worth it.
Just watch it for faults

Has any used bamboo flooring? The missus (No) wants to use it in living/diniong rooms. I've never heard of it.

Any good? Pricey? Wear n tear?
Did my last house in it - hall, living and dining room.
Looks really nice, feels like any other solid wood floor.

BUT it is actually woven grass, rather than hard wood - so you do have treat it lightly. Soft pads on furniture, no high heels etc.
Although you can sand it a few time - so it'll last for donkey's if you don't abuse it.

I really liked it, and if I didn't have 3 small kids I'd get it again, as its about £25sqm compared to £70 for decent hard wood. Apparently the stuff they use nowadays is stronger than when I bought mine back in 2011 as well.

I'd recommend it, as long as you understand it isn't hard-wearing.

Did my last house in it - hall, living and dining room.
Looks really nice, feels like any other solid wood floor.

BUT it is actually woven grass, rather than hard wood - so you do have treat it lightly. Soft pads on furniture, no high heels etc.
Although you can sand it a few time - so it'll last for donkey's if you don't abuse it.

I really liked it, and if I didn't have 3 small kids I'd get it again, as its about £25sqm compared to £70 for decent hard wood. Apparently the stuff they use nowadays is stronger than when I bought mine back in 2011 as well.

I'd recommend it, as long as you understand it isn't hard-wearing.

TVM

Back