Lambton Estate development

They're not as bad as those flat roof houses in Birtley opposite the new primary school. They are the ugliest houses I've seen since the concrete ones in Blackfell were pulled down.

Not all the houses on that development are flat roofed like, most of them have ‘normal’ roofs. It’s the bigger ones with the flat roofs and I agree I’m not keen on how they look. Insides are nice mind.

elba park are god ugly houses mind

I agree.
They're not as bad as those flat roof houses in Birtley opposite the new primary school. They are the ugliest houses I've seen since the concrete ones in Blackfell were pulled down.

I agree with this even more !!
The owner of the land needs a particular amount of money. If you search his name online you’ll see why.

Is that to do with the fact his sisters have taken him to the cleaners and English Heritage have enforced certain regulations regarding the Grade 1 listed buildings on the estate ?

Last edited:
I would expect the houses further into the estate in future phases would be more attractive.
Also I can imagine cars lining the streets given the price range and ratio of bedrooms to garages/parking spaces.

Is that to do with the fact his sisters have taken him to the cleaners and English Heritage have enforced certain regulations regarding the Grade 1 listed buildings on the estate ?
...and only one of the intended farm sales on the Northumberland estate up near Wooler went through. The estate house sale fell through for reasons I can’t post on here and that meant the money had to come from somewhere else... hence the situation at Bournmoor.

...and only one of the intended farm sales on the Northumberland estate up near Wooler went through. The estate house sale fell through for reasons I can’t post on here and that meant the money had to come from somewhere else... hence the situation at Bournmoor.

And the potential situation in Penshaw? 400 new houses on historic Greenbelt land. The man is a charlatan.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what amount of Ned Lambton 'needs' the greedy bastard. Simple economics of supply and demand will determine the value, not that arrogant piece of shit.

Land will only come forward for development if it meets a willing landowners valuation to sell it.

I can't believe how this estate has panned out to be honest. I spoke to someone higher up the Miller food chain some time ago who advised there would be "plenty larger detached houses in phase one". Months down the line, the biggest they are offering is a 5 bed terraced house marketed at £629,999. Absolutely comical.
Imagine if they ever bother with any of the detached houses... they will likely be around the 1m mark. Needless to say I have been constantly pestered by emails, text messages and phone calls to see if I might be interested, it was actually a job on to remove myself from their marketing lists.
I really can't see them shifting these houses easily. Such a shame as I was really keen at the beginning.

I can't believe how this estate has panned out to be honest. I spoke to someone higher up the Miller food chain some time ago who advised there would be "plenty larger detached houses in phase one". Months down the line, the biggest they are offering is a 5 bed terraced house marketed at £629,999. Absolutely comical.
Imagine if they ever bother with any of the detached houses... they will likely be around the 1m mark. Needless to say I have been constantly pestered by emails, text messages and phone calls to see if I might be interested, it was actually a job on to remove myself from their marketing lists.
I really can't see them shifting these houses easily. Such a shame as I was really keen at the beginning.

I've had the same wish I never registered interest

Where will the lambtons live then?
Unreal how much land they own mind. Rite bastards as landlords it seems.

Right bastards as landlords ?

All leases are quite clear in the tenants obligations as well as the landlords , just maybe that the tenants never read the t&c properly prior to signing a legally binding contract.

No doubt you have first hand evidence to back up your statement ?

Thought not.

Looks as though 3 or 4 properties have been reserved up to now. Not sure whether that's good or bad based on normal selling patterns for new build schemes but they've been up for sale for a couple months or so I think.

Looks as though 3 or 4 properties have been reserved up to now. Not sure whether that's good or bad based on normal selling patterns for new build schemes but they've been up for sale for a couple months or so I think.

I’m no expert but I’d assume that’s pretty bad. I’m getting bombarded with offers. These ‘exclusive’ new estates normally sell quite well early doors. Personally I think they are massively overpriced and all other comments on this thread seem to back this view up.

I was very interested in a top end property initially but there’s no way I’m paying those prices for a terraced house when you can pay less for a more established, bigger and equally “exclusive” house on High Generals Wood a mile away.

Back