Lambton Estate development

It was and in full accordance with best practice for contaminated ground. Just don’t dig any holes deeper than 600mm.

Aye all of the by-products of coking - like sulphuric acid, ammonium sulphate, pure benzene and toluene, xylene, naphthalene and other acids and organic compounds will have been covered over by the 2 foot of topsoil:cool:
Hope nee fucker starts growing food in their gardens there.:lol:

Is it classed as a good area there? As I say it looked spot on but I know nowt about central Durham. We are thinking about pursuing something on one of the two developments, good schools being a major factor

Yeah it's a nice area, wouldn't mind living there myself. Think it's going be approx another 2 years or so before it's finished.

On St George's Way and Sunningdale (Street names) there's a few houses which have been purchased by investors/landlords and let out to international students but those are predominantly the 3 bedroom houses on those 2 streets

Aye all of the by-products of coking - like sulphuric acid, ammonium sulphate, pure benzene and toluene, xylene, naphthalene and other acids and organic compounds will have been covered over by the 2 foot of topsoil:cool:
Hope nee fucker starts growing food in their gardens there.:lol:

Without giving away too much detail, I know the bloke who was tasked with monitoring the ground remediation work. He stated that they are doing everything they have to and are spending top dollar. But he wouldn’t have a house on that estate if it was given to him.

Just seen this reported by the local Lib Dem Councillor.
Closure of A183. At Burnmoor Filling Station the A183 is to be closed westbound from 29 July to 6 October to raise the level of the road. This is because the new roundabout is higher than the road. The discrepancy in heights was reported to Durham County Council by Bournmoor Parish Council earlier this year, but the DCC Highways Manager thought it would be satisfactory. Now DCC admits the lengthy closure will cause major disruption.

Closure of A183. At Burnmoor Filling Station the A183 is to be closed westbound from 29 July to 6 October to raise the level of the road. This is because the new roundabout is higher than the road. The discrepancy in heights was reported to Durham County Council by Bournmoor Parish Council earlier this year, but the DCC Highways Manager thought it would be satisfactory. Now DCC admits the lengthy closure will cause major disruption.

Do you have a link please? I have family that will be affected by this. Thanks.

That can't be serious?! Gonna be a f***ing nightmare for me that like. I live behind the cricket ground and go past there 3 or 4 times a day.

You can see the new roundabout on this video from back in March when DCC highways were first warned, from around 3 minutes in. Not sure how they ever thought that would be OK.

Looks like the initial uptake might not have been too good?!?!
I’ve had an email today offering me up to £21k off, £5k of vouchers towards fittings and to buy my house part ex.
Anyone know how many have sold in the opening weeks ?

Looks like the initial uptake might not have been too good?!?!
I’ve had an email today offering me up to £21k off, £5k of vouchers towards fittings and to buy my house part ex.
Anyone know how many have sold in the opening weeks ?
I looked on the website the other day. They've got an interactive site plan showing the houses currently available for sale/ not released yet/ reserved or sold.

As of the beginning of August only 1 property has been reserved, everything else that's up for sale is still available.

Laughable prices tbf. Completely out of touch.

I agree. However Elba Park across the road is about £500k for a five bed detached as well. They are selling I believe as well. Perhaps that extra £100k isn’t worth it to live on an old garden centre ..... who’d have thought !

I agree. However Elba Park across the road is about £500k for a five bed detached as well. They are selling I believe as well. Perhaps that extra £100k isn’t worth it to live on an old garden centre ..... who’d have thought !
Absolutely mental mate.

Back