Lambton Estate development

Even high generals wood is rubbish for shops and whatnot. You've got the curry house and a pair of offies in harraton and an Italian which changes hands like I do my pants. Assuming you don't want to go to tin kok wan or the rickleton arms of course.
I live around the corner to San Lorenzo's - before that it was called Amiros - that's the only change that I can remember since it was the George pub about 10 years back
Aye but middle of ne where
Semi rural m8 - some lovely walks and if needs be you can walk to the Galleries in less than 30 minutes

Last edited:
Aye but middle of ne where

cant say I’ve missed living 5 mins away from somewhere tbh I do miss the extra 20 mins in bed sometimes like

suppose mount pleasant a bit closer to amenities with the co op up the top of the bank and the bars in walking distance

Last edited:
Thank you, I hope I do too. I can’t deny it’s been protracted, the solicitors for Miller were pretty useless answering my solicitors queries until I threatened to pull out. Now hoping to exchange next week.
It was an apartment I wanted which is why I decided to buy. They are 2 bedroom which is perfect for me. Currently there are 12 for sale (I think) with others being built.

£270k for a two bed flat in Burnmoor? They look nice but that's canny mental.

You can get five bed detached newbuild for that nearby.

Last edited:
£270k for a two bed flat in Burnmoor? They look nice but that's canny mental.
It is steep, no denying it. But I wanted an apartment, I don’t want a big house, and not many new build developments have apartments. It’s convenient for where I want to be in terms of who I want to be near/close to and I’m 56 so I’m buying it to live in forever not to think about selling and moving on in the future.
I also think that when the retail area opens with shops and cafes etc, it will a nice place to live.
It just ticks the boxes for me.

Last edited:
It is steep, no denying it. But I wanted an apartment, I don’t want a big house, and not many new build developments have apartments. It’s convenient for where I want to be in terms of who I want to be near/close to and I’m 56 so I’m buying it to live in forever not to think about selling and moving on in the future.
I also think that when the retail area opens with shops and cafes etc, it will a nice place to live.

You're right about the lack of apartments in new build areas. They seemed to stop building them at some point in the 2000s.

Hope your move goes well and you enjoy your new home.

It wasn't a dig at the place tbf but that particular location there is absolutely nothing about. If you put some top class new builds like these down near the Mill in Houghton then you'd say fair enough, charge a bit more but not where they currently are. Still not charge them daft prices mind. Absolutely barmy. :lol:
I agree. There's some nice new 'executive' houses just off North Road on the way up to Hetton. Spring Meadows it's called.

If it's right for you then it doesn't mean a diddley what the rest of us think like. Enjoy. The build on them is top notch.

Enjoy you're new gaff mate - they are great looking buildings.

I live around the corner to San Lorenzo's - before that it was called Amiros - that's the only change that I can remember since it was the George pub about 10 years back

Semi rural m8 - some lovely walks and if needs be you can walk to the Galleries in less than 30 minutes
Aye I lived along the road for yonks

:eek:
Have i missed something.
Only if you don’t know they are building an area with shops, coffee shops, and bistro type bars.
These are obviously just artist impressions

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/94TQjYxN
They're opening a retail offering on the old garden centre site apparently. Heard it's going to be a home bargains with a 99p chip butty cafe.
It’s not on the garden centre site. It’s on the site of the old Lambton Hall

Last edited:
Only if you don’t know they are building an area with shops, coffee shops, and bistro type bars.
These are obviously just artist impressions

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/94TQjYxN

It’s not on the garden centre site. It’s on the site of the old Lambton Hall

Looks nice, but I'd be cautious.

In gosforth they built hundreds of houses at Great Park with similar artists impressions of country living and a cafe society.

As the houses didn't sell as well as they thought, no one took up the options of the cafes and shops, so they're all empty and unfinished.
The developers just want too much for the leases for the units and retailers just wont pay it.

Seems like a great place once it's done like.

Back